1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LA State Shoot Program

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Damifino, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damifino

Damifino Member

Can anyone post the LA State shoot program? We are thinking about making the road trip.

Reduced target fees for youth shooters?

2. Damifino

Damifino Member

Up^

Someone has to have some insight on this.....

3. Damifino

Damifino Member

been there, nothing about 2010 except the dates and location - May 14-16 @ Hunter's Run Gun Club.

I guess it would be the same target program as last year?

4. over/under

over/under Member

May 14-16. Doubles 1st on Fri. Start time 9AM. $30/100 w/ $5 daily fees. Jrs & sub jrs $21/100 if no options played. All trophies Fri are open. Chmpnshp events are Res & Open. No jr or sub jr trophies on Chmpnshp dbls in open, only resident jr & sub. Free mudbug boil w/ drinks on Sat. Very good shoot w/ good people. Very easy to get to.

5. Damifino

Damifino Member

I just talked to their ATA Delegate - They are mailing a program. When it arrives, I'll scan it and post it for anyone else that is interested.

6. Damifino

Damifino Member

It's odd that there are no open points for championship doubles.

7. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

Damifino,

Any reason why you're not offering open jr or sub jr trophies for the championship events? I realize it's a small state shoot and low comp factor, but why not try to attract more youth?

My 2 Cents,
    TNCoach

8. Damifino

Damifino Member

I don't know why either. I'd really have liked to go to this one but I doubt we'll make the trip now. At another shoot, in order to save $$ on purchasing trophies, they used the All-American points pin as the trophy. I thought that was a good idea. I know most State trap associations aren't exactly flush with cash.

9. over/under

over/under Member

That was in Champ Dbls only. Single and caps they are awarded Resident and Open.

10. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

Damifino,

I agree with you the pin would work, but it sounds odd not to encourage more youth to a state shoot.

A smart club manager in Murfreesboro TN manages to bring over 150 youth to his monthly shoots in a bad economy it makes the differences between closing and keeping the doors open.

TNCoach

11. Damifino

Damifino Member

150 kids @ the monthly shoot? WOW! that is impressive.

I was checking the ATA site and it looks like there is no HOA or HAA either. We'd still love to go anyway. We spoke with a few people at the Dollar that have gone and they say it is a great shoot with a lot of good people and amazing food. We'll see; like most things it will depend on budget.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.