1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

La Quinta, Calif. 92247

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jamesf, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesf

jamesf TS Member

I'm going to La Quinta California Friday and I was hoping someone would give me places, schedules of gun clubs, any kind, sporting, trap, skeet, that shoot this weekend?

Hopefully address' and contacts and or phone numbers.

Jim

2. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Redlands Trap & Skeet Club in Redlands, CA, Do a search on the forum for details.

3. jamesf

jamesf TS Member

DB Bill,

Thanks for the tip. I haven't been to Redlands in 15 years.

Jim Forsbach (Ohio)

4. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Is there a club in the Palm Springs area? I think Redlands might be your closest one.

5. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Redlands is farther west than the Palm Springs club, but Palm Springs doesn't run seven days a week like Redlands. Go to Redlandsshootingpark.com or call:
    909/335-8844.

Surfer

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

There is a small club in the Yucca valley area.Not far from Palm Springs.

7. Too Bad

Too Bad TS Member

Fastback what is going on in La Quinta?

Richard

8. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Over the last few years, I've spent a couple of weeks in La Quinta, during which I drove up to Redlands from La Quinta to shoot trap two/three times a week. The drive is a little dull and takes slightly more than an hour, but Redlands is a very nice place to shoot. I was not able to find anything closer to the Palm Springs area except a gun club that catered to rifle and pistol shooters; no trap.

You can get more information about clubs in the area at

http://www.claytargetsonline.com/list.php/CA

That website refers to s club in Banning that has trap facilities, but I think that is the one I recall as serving only rifle and pistol shooters.

A tip - the easiest (but not the shortest) way to get to the Redlands club from the Palm Springs area is to take I-10 west to the 210 (north) freeway, and get off 210 at San Bernardino Ave. Go east on San Bernardino to Orange St., then turn north on Orange. The Redlands club shows up on the left side just as you start down a hill into a large wash/dry river bed. If you follow all this on Google Maps, you will see the Redlands Shooting Club identified and located on a blow-up of the Redlands area.

Ted K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.