1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KY Gun shop with trap guns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dmarbell, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

I was in Florence, Ky over the weekend and sampled the area gun shops. Mark's Gun Shop on Dixie Highway had some trap guns on the rack. One was a Ljutic. Of particular interest was a Browning Citori Plus 32" with adj comb. The gun needed cleaning, and he said he was going to ask $1,000 after it was cleaned up.

There was also a nice 391 Gold trap model, in Mobil choked barrel. It's the older gold with gold scroll writing and gold birds on the receiver, not the silver receiver. It had adj comb and butt plate for $899 asking price.

Not sure about whether they will ship. Just thought someone might be interested in these guns.

Danny

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Danny, the Citori sounds like a good buy, was it nice under the dirt or worn?

3. kmcampbe

kmcampbe TS Member

Buds in Paris

EDIT: My bad... I miss read the thread

4. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

The Citori Plus looked good to me. The shop owner said the gun owner had used some strange solvent on it and it was "gummed up." The solvent was rolling up on the gun, but the bluing and wood looked good beneath. I had a pretty good look at the gun. Even so, shooters' price on that gun, with adj all around for trap, and plunger on the butt to boot.

Danny

5. Herman63

Herman63 Member

That Citori is nice and now lives with me.......

Thanks for the heads up.

Herman63

6. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Herman,

I'll give you my address and you can send me the commission check.

Seriously, the gun was in good shape beneath the waxy buildup?

Danny

7. rrose

rrose TS Member

Danny or Herman
    A question about the gun shop in Florence. Would you say that it is a customer freindly place to go to buy guns and supplies? Years ago I went there a bit but quit when I saw them not treat customers well and as soon as the prospective customers would leave they would rag on them like they were idiots for asking questions ot trying to negotiate on prices that were higher than other shops around.
    thanks
    randy

8. Herman63

Herman63 Member

Randy I do not go in there much as it is mostly pistols and rifles. Don't feel they are overly customer oriented. But it was ok experience. They did have a ljutic centennial pro stainless s/n 002 in the shop on consignment.

Danny I feel it was in nice shape surly was not beat up and well worth the price. Will have it at ohio and KY state shoots if you want to see it:)

Herman63

9. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

randy,

I had read some reviews about the place after I got back home to NC. Not rated very highly for customer service. However, I chatted with the guys behind the counter, looked at lots of guns, and they helped me out. I bought a pistol holster, and after putting it in the car, went back inside to look at a 391 and the Citori again. One guy joked "see, we have a repeat customer" when I went back in.

I actually then went back the next day and looked at the 391, and chatted with one of the same guys. I told him I was not buying, as it was a Mobil choked gun. Didn't get a cold shoulder, but no hugs. Wouldn't have expected one based on my experience elsewhere.

I'd say the service was good, and the selection was good. The prices were ok, and that was before I started to beat them up. Can't say what would have happened when that started!

Danny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gun stores florence sc trap guns

trying a gun before you buy florence ky

used trap guns in kentucky