1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KX6

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by big buck, Aug 28, 2013.

1. big buck

big buck TS Member

FEEDBACK ON THE KX6 GOOD AND BAD

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

One fellow at the club loves his, the other did not like it and sold it. To me, they are ugly and part of loving my trap gun is the looks

3. Sharp1

Sharp1 Member

I demo'ed one at the Grand...The trigger was very crisp, gun felt lively and pointed naturally. Yet I only broke like half of the targets. When I returned the KX6 I shared with the Lady how well it pointed yet I couldnt hit anything with it. She then took a closer look and the rib was lowered to the MAX, so it was shooting like 100% high. I wold have thought maybe a person wanting to sell a gun would at least try and fit the gun to the shooter... Anyway it felt good and went bang yet not sure how it shoots.

At that price point you have many different choices and service is tops for me,,, that I didnt get with the KX6.

GL

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Yes, it's ugly, but it's the best shooting Trap gun I've ever shot. With me, it had a creeper effect.....the more I shot it, the better I liked it.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Tronspace/media/DSCN1252_zps44152442.jpg.html" target="_blank"> DSCN1252_zps44152442.jpg </a>

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Every one I've sold has been well received by the owners. A fine gun!!

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

tried a friends..it shot very nice..I managed a couple 25s with it even though I'm not a release trigger shooter

7. john g.

john g. TS Supporters TS Supporters

After shooting one 2 years ago I got one. Very soft shooting very good trigger points well just like my kx5 except the cocking is done on opening the gun and not by the lever. The wood is very durable get past the looks and its a very good gun.

John G.

8. Crunch

Crunch Member

I also shot the demo KX6 at the Grand in Sparta. For me it shot like a lazer and was dead on......it seemed all I had to do was get in the general area and the target broke. But, I can't get past that butt ugly enhanced wood. The unusual stock shape I can live with but until some stocks show up with real wood I off the KX6 list.

9. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I'm wondering about the durability of those dipped wraps. Might be a reasonable cosmetic change.

I tested the KX6 at the Grand and the K80. I'm no expert shooter but both actions felt almst identical. I want a new trap gun - really don't NEED one - and the KX6 remains at the head of my list.

Larry

I am wondering about ADDING a dipped finish to the current KX6 furniture, not suggesting it is dipped or wrapped as it comes from the factory. Maybe a fancy paint job would make up for the negative comments about how they look. Personally, I think the KX6 looks fine as they are.

10. coyote4

coyote4 TS Member

Have been shooting one for the past 2 years. Very happy with it. One of the softest shooting guns you will find.

11. Krieghoff100

Krieghoff100 Member

Great guns. Can't beat the service in Ottsville either!

I've retired my Perazzis from singles and handicap duty in favor of the KX6. Prefer it to the K80 as well.

Not particularly useful for doubles though :cool: .

If you want beautiful wood, send it to Dennis DeVault. If you want a clay crushing machine with virtually no recoil, buy one and shoot it as it comes!

12. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

At the Grand I spoke with a Krieghff rep. about the finish and he was very emphatic that it is not a dipped finish

13. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

It's not dipped. It's done with lasers and it is deep into the wood.

14. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Painted with Lasers....... :)

15. Tim Earney

Tim Earney Member

I have had mine for about a year now, around 5,000 targets, the softest recoil of any trap gun I have ever shot, a great rigger, and also some of my best scores ever. I could not be happier.

16. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

Nice high quality gun and improvement over the previous K gun single barrel models.
    Soft shooting for a single barrel.
    Adjustable med high rib and comb which allows you your preferred sight picture.
    Release trigger and adjustable butt plate are factory options.
    Triggers are crisp and quick.
    Opens and closes very easily, you do not have to fight this gun at all.
    Ejects shells.
    Very happy with mine, had it for a year.
    Art

17. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

This may be one of the truly dumb questions, but here goes.

From my prior comments it should be obvious I really like the KX-6, mostly for the recoil and trigger action. Taking price out of the equation, would the KX-6 be comparable to the K-80 for those two parameters?

Larry J. Frieders

340 Marshall Ave #100 | Aurora, IL 60506 |
    Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm |
    Office: 630.859.0333 Cell: 630.992.7513 FAX: 630.859.0114

18. john g.

john g. TS Supporters TS Supporters

Larry

I liked it two years ago and went to the grand this year to test it again. I shot both the K 80 and the KX 6 and thought the KX 6 had less recoil. The triggers are much simpler in the Kx guns a lot less parts then in the 30 + year old K80. Joel Etchen had special price that no one at the grand would match.You should give him a call and see if it is still running.

John G.

19. Grade VI

Grade VI Member

What is the ball park price of a KX 6? I sure would like to shoot one but I haven't seen one at any of the clubs that I shoot at. Thanks.......