1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kx6 vs Summit Impact Trap

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by RJK851, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RJK851

RJK851 TS Member

How to these Guns compare. a
    Atop single Kreighoff vs a unsingle Guerini that can eventually have an o/u adapted to it. Which way should I go ? Thank you for your input. Ron

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Both excellent but I'd always go with the gun than can be an O/U too

3. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

I have shot a KS-5 special for a while and then bought an unsingle. I like the unsingle better because it allows me to have a more heads up stance when shooting. When I add the O/U barrel to the unsingle receiver, I have the advantage of shooing a stock that already fits me.

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

The KX-6 is actually a mid-single like a Kolar T/S or 90T. That being said, I'd stay away from any gun that had the woodgrain "enhanced" by a machine and they still want better than $6K for it. Makes you wonder what else they "enhanced"?

The CG have proven themselves durable and they are quickly gaining a great reputation for awesome customer service. The fact that O/U barrels can be fitted at a later time is just icing on the cake!

ss

5. RJK851

RJK851 TS Member

Thank you all for the input . It looks like a CG is in my future! Ron

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

No plastic parts in the KX-6. Krieghoff will likely be around much longer than Guerini. Krieghoff service is second to none. My KX-6 purchasers are very happy!!

7. chipking

chipking TS Member

Just for the record NO plastic parts in the CG either. Had a chance to fondle a KX-6 at the VA State shoot. Even if it was the same price as the CG (WHICH IT IS NOT) I would rather have the CG. In fact you can have the entire combo for right around the cost of the KX-6.

--- Chip King ---

8. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

I know one thing. I shot my k80 for 2 years never broke a 25 or 50 with it. I have been shooting my CG for less than 6 months and have shot 18 25's 4- 50's, a 75 and 100 straight two days ago. I love my CG!

9. oleolliedawg

Problem is a CG will more likely follow the path of SKB, Franchi, Ruger, Rottweil, Valmet, Remington and a host of others no longer in the picture!!

10. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

oileo'

Did I miss the fact that Ruger and Remington both went out of business? Seems to me they both still service the guns they sell/sold.

CG is a player that is here to stay. They build a great gun and offer it at a descent price. Their customer service is excellant. The fact that they don't cosmetically alter cheapa$$ wood to make it look like more expensive stuff, ala KX-6, tells me alot about the manufacturer. Present what you make without any smoke and mirrors.

Some manufacturers rest on their laurals, and others simply don't rest!

ss

11. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Yeah, I'd rather see a piece of standard grade walnut then an enhanced piece of wood. I have no idea why they did that. Make a new gun and then cheap it out with plastic wood. Better to buy one without the wood and have devault make a nice stock.

12. oleolliedawg

Short shucker, why don't you call Remington and ask them to service your 90-T or 3200 and report in the answer. Don't bother-the answer will be WHAT!!

13. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Oleo.........With the financial situation in Europe as with the rest of the world there is no guarantee that any company (including Krieghoff) will stay in business. But if you have some verifiable facts about CG please post them.

14. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

'dawg,

Well since Kolar built the 90t, Remington just refers the work to them. I'm pretty sure that Remington refers the 3200 work to Laibs. Those guns have been out of warrenty for quite some time and manufacturers are only required to keep parts on hand for 7 years after production is ceased. They don't have any 870 Comp receivers left either. You gonna hold that against them too?

It's easy for Krieghoff to sevice a K80 since they haven't changed since Custer got shot! It would be like Buick still selling the same '54 Roadmaster today that they made back then.

ss

15. oleolliedawg

See, there you go again short shucker. You should be aware that Krieghoff has continually updated production methods and corrected various design flaws. It's just so hard to improve much on something so great. That said, trying to compare a Mercedes to a Chevy or a Bushnell to a Swarovski is foolish at best.

We used to have a favorite saying about Italian autos and the necessity of bringing along your favorite mechanic, Tony, as a passenger, but I forgot what it was.

catching chrome, it might be best to catch up on your math or story telling skills unless you've found another way to break a 50 without first breaking 25!!

16. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Naw, I'm just havin' fun pullin' 'dog's chain!

ss

17. oleolliedawg

It's too hot not to tease the "dawg". This heat may be worse than cold for cabin fever!!

18. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Dawg, you mean it isn't sunny and 80 where you are at? It sure isn't around here either. Lol.

ss

19. oleolliedawg

It's a great day to laser up a few KX-6 stocks in my air conditioned basement for Krieghoff!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

krieghoff kx6 trap vs caesar guerini

summit trap vs k80