1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KX6. Now, Im a Trap shooter!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tron, Apr 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

As some of you know, I'm not really much of a Trap shooter, just a generalist who likes to shoot just about anything and any clay game....master of none. But, this year, I've decided to take Registered Trap a bit more seriously, so I wanted a decent tool for the game.

The last couple months, whenever I was in Great Lakes Sporting Arms, there was this gun that I felt was a bit of an odity. I was appalled by its hidious looks, but was very impressed with the feel and overal thought that went into the design. With its low profile and great feeling trigger and sight plane, I decided "Heck, why not an ugly gun? I'll just uglifie it anyway".

My first uglification was to make a soft comb duplicate (I just tend to like soft combs these days) and stick on a "Rat Grip" palm swell, because I really like a decent grip. Then, I made up an adjustable butt plate, powder coated it black and fitted a Gooey pad to it. I also stuffed a BreakO mercury unit in the bolt hole and went out last Wednesday to Birmingham Gun Club.

Even though there were high winds, I somehow managed to run straight right from the get go and a 24 after that. The gun handles incredibly and felt recoil is practically non existant!

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Tronspace/media/DSCN1252_zps44152442.jpg.html" target="_blank"> DSCN1252_zps44152442.jpg </a>
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Tro
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Tronspace/media/DSCN1254_zps2bd63cd8.jpg.html" target="_blank"> DSCN1254_zps2bd63cd8.jpg </a>
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Tronspace/media/DSCN1255_zps43d9fd6c.jpg.html" target="_blank"> DSCN1255_zps43d9fd6c.jpg </a>

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Whatever works. "Have fun, sell it when you're done."

-Gary

3. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Good luck Tron! Welcome to the K-gun family I guess you get in with that. LOL red headed step child. LOL ,Jeff

4. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Can't imagine what Kreighoff was thinking when they designed that stock.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Yep, Tron you are right, it sure is ugly. LOL Hope you shoot it well

6. Tron

This was Kitty's reaction when he first saw the gun. Just a blank stare for about 20 minutes.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Tronspace/media/DSCN1250_zpsf4f118a2.jpg.html" target="_blank"> DSCN1250_zpsf4f118a2.jpg </a>

7. dustinthewind

dustinthewind Active Member

I have shot a K80 since 1982. Last year at Cardinal Center (great place) I got a demo gun from Braxton at KI and shot a practice round. Lighter than a K80, missed the 1st bird out smoked the next 24 I did not notice recoil. I shot the 1st 10 with new AA 1290 FPS 1 OZ 8,the last 15 with new AA 1250 1 1/8 8. I liked the gun a lot but I have 3 K80's so I will not be buying one soon. But if I were in the market for a new trap gun and not a combo I would also buy one. I think you made a good choice. Krieghoff service is the BEST. (Factory adj. rid, comb, butt plate, choke tubes, and release trigger.)

8. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Who cares what it looks like if it works for you. And it sounds like it works.
    Just don't start thinking.

Rick in MT

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Tron will be at 27 yards in 2000 targets. Perhaps even chalenge for the 100 Gs at Sparta. This Perazzi guy is rootin for ya Jose... Shoot-em-up!

10. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Currently one of Krieghoff's best kept secrets. The ones I sold are really liked by the buyers!!

11. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Member

A Krieghoff rep told me that the purpose of the unusual stock was to allow it to be cut off for certain smaller men and women and younger shooters.

The stock can be shortened by by evenly cutting it at the butt.

12. GR Eubanks

GR Eubanks Active Member

It does not matter what you shoot Tron Dr. Longshot will not pick you as a partner. So just give up now before he embarrasses you, With a rejection notice.

Roger

13. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Tron, all K-Guns have, IMO, a bit of "clunkiness" anyway akin to Wallensak radios vs. Danish Bang and Olufsen audio gear. German cars, to me, are not "pretty" but very functional...only "pretty" German car I can think of are a few high end BMW coupes. Porsche's exude a look of quality, but are they lithe and flowing in aesthetics? Not, they just look imposing and mean IMO. Most Audis to me look like a Chyrsler sucking on a lemon with their massive baleen grills. BMW motorcycles look clunky too compared to others. I believe the KTM motorcycle is Austrian. No BMW that I can think of holds a candle to a Ducati in aesthetics. But they sure work!

I can't think of any German car, for example, that is either as sensuous as a Ferrari or as crisp and light in appearance as a Lambo.

So bottom line: Form follows function. Form follows function.

....and G-d is revealed in the details.

Actually, I think the KS-6 is lithe in profile and the stock with its fake wood has a great attitude...meant for use, not to snag "ohs and ahs"...good looking gun whose form really follows its function.

Go get 'em!! And Kitty has the looks with his great tabby coat!

14. Tron

Being a mechanic by trade, I've never been very impressed with German cars. They are overly complicated and will nickel and dime you to death. If we took one in for trade at the dealer, we would just send it to auction or dump it on a wholesaler. We learned that if we sold it to someone, it had a very high likelihood of haunting us for years to come. Now, if we took a Honda or Toyota in, we could turn it right around and never see it again.

That said, I really like porsche!

Btw, Kitty claims to some sort of royal bangle something or other.

15. shootlow

shootlow TS Member

Howd it git all them wrinkles? Shootlow.

16. Tron

Funny you mention naming the gun. This one is named "Frank" after Frank Wood. As I told Frank, I named it that because even though it's not much to look at, I still like it. He's fine with that.

17. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Tron,

I asked John Allem to put a release in one last year just to try. I didn't buy the gun. I bought another K-80 combo instead, BUT, that KX-6 was impressive. It handled well, had light-to-no felt recoil, and for whatever reason wasn't a bad looker either.

Krieghoff has made some additional improvements to them since then. They were all good, well-thought out modifications with trap shooters in mind. I like them, and I like them a lot.

JMHO.

Jon Reitz

18. oletymer

oletymer Member

They are great shooting guns. My neighbor and I each bought one.

19. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

One of my shooting partners shoots one. He likes it. That's probably the most important thing. I believe he bought it out of impulse and I firmly believe he was shooting his BT-99 better. Whatever floats his boat. The no glare flat black barrel and rib is a great feature.

20. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Keep smoking them Joe,..for me a gun that is all "business" IS beautiful! Sort of like an 1st Gen Ford Bronco raised 6" with a V8..when its on a mission, the competition just better get the hell out of its way

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

2015 krieghoff ks6

krieghoff ks6

krieghoff ks6 allems

krieghoff ks6 for sale

ks6 shot guns
which choke for my kx6 trap