1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KX6 Krieghoff info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kevin.$, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin.$

Kevin.$ TS Member

Hi Gang , Iam thinking of purchasing a KX6 Krieghoff , would like to know the skinny on this gun.? My buddy has a KS5 and I like shooting it . Tried to purchase a new KS5 but I cant find one in Canada ! The KX6 apperence looks some what plain but that is not a bust on the deal . Just cant get a Kx6 until July ! Is worth the wait .?

Thanks for your time on this issue .

Kevin

2. magic

magic Member

I think it's worth the wait. The gun catches alot of hell due to its looks but the improvements out weigh the loss of aesthetics. The cocking on opening is great as well as the new rib. I love mine...and have owned both

Jason Sheehy

99-11142

3. Shawn

Shawn Member

Kevin
    The KS 5 has been out of production for a few years. It was replaced with the KX5 which was basically the same gun with some cosmetic differences.
    The KX 5 is now out of production as well.

The KX6 is a new design. I think it handles and feels quite different then the KS/KX-5. I would look at trying one before committing to buying.

The KX6 sold well when it was introduced last year. I'm sure someone with first hand experience will chime in.

Good Luck

Shawn

4. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

I purchased my KX-6 at the Grand last year. Had a release trigger installed and got the gun to fit well before leaving. Struggled all winter trying to find the right POI. Then worked the adjustable rib up and down to find what works best for my style. Now shooting the gun as well as any ever owned and expect some of my best averages in singles and caps by the end of the year. Surprisingly less recoil than expected. Last 300 singles has been 1-99 and 2 100 straights back to back. Caps are looking good also. I think I will like this gun.

Now afraid to have a higher grade stock and forearm made. How Krieghoff takes recoil out by stock design is a mystry to me.

Maltz

5. Pointer

Pointer TS Member

I'm thinking about a KX 6 too. But it's hard to set down the trusted Ljutic. Why July? are they hard to get..back order..or is the purchase in Canada impacting?

6. Pointer

Pointer TS Member

I also have a question for the KX-6 owners. I have my gun throwing a very tight pattern @ 45 yards (where I hit a target from the 27) it was not easy to do. I had to have briley work on it then went through a number of chokes.

Considering the bore etc would a KX 6 come with a choke out of the box that can pull that off..or is it special order..etc??

7. Kevin.$

Kevin.$ TS Member

July ..? Just a typical Canada thing with any gun ! Have a Citori XT , had to wait 2 months to get it ! And I was lucky at that ! A couple dealers said 6 months ! Only in Canada A ..!!!

8. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Ive patterned my KX-6 from the 13 to set POI and looked at the patterns at target distance. Chokes that come with the gun are 2+,3,4. Also a long yardage shooter. The #4 choke offers a dense core and will crush 27 yard targets. Also have Wright chokes, The #6 does a good job from long yardage with less core density. Not knowing what you may expect as compared to my expectation, will leave some uncertainty. Kgun chokes are constriced on the end of the tube, Wrights are more tapered. Kgun tubes tend to shoot tight with less regard to markings.

Maltz

9. Pointer

Pointer TS Member

To be more exact I have a .740 bore a .685 briley with the 32" barrell gives me about 70% in 20" @ 43 yards (depending on the load and speed)

Sounds like Wright chokes fit the KX-6?

10. magic

magic Member

They are choked with standard Krieghoff choke tubes. So either the steel or titanium factory chokes work as well as all brands of aftermarket chokes made for the Krieghoff threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

kx6 gun