1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kx5

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by t90, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t90

t90 TS Member

i have a kx5 i bought it 2yrs ago and i am just starting to shoot it i have a 90t that i have been shooting for 17yrs. here is my problem i cant get the ks5 to shoot like i want it to. to me it seems to shoot to the left to much. no matter what i try i cant get it to shoot to the right. is there a problem with the kx5 or do i have an isolated problem. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    bob

2. shotgun1957

shotgun1957 TS Member

have you shot it off a rest to make sure your not pulling or moving it, you might try cant the butt pad that was my problem on a 3200

3. Stickdp

Stickdp Member

get some other shooters to try it and see if it shoots left for them

4. snkypete

snkypete Member

Could it be that a previous owner was a Democrat?

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

You may be like me and need more offset that the Krieghoff factory adjustable comb permits, which is 1/4" in either direction. I had to have my KX-5's factory stock modified to permit about 1/8" more comb offset. Shoot your gun off sandbags at paper to make sure it shoots straight - if it does, you'll either have to have the comb hardware modified and/or the stock bent unless you want to replace it with one that fits you.

Ed

6. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I had a K-gun bbl that shot to the left and brought it to Ottsville---They didn't believe me but took it down stairs and came up with,your right---I don't know what they did but the bbl was on the money.---Give them a call and get their opi---They are great and will help---George@SJB---

7. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Southblue makes the best sense.

Ottsville has excellent customer service; I would not hesitate to call.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.