1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KX5 TRIGGER HELP

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Chango2, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Tried this gun today for first time, new to me. Found in 50 bird event, second field was awful, flinchy, lost etc. in two events. Nothing felt quite right...then I checked the action; dry inside, trigger pull would vary from 2.75 lbs. to almost 5.0. Sprayed it down with Kriegoff oil, things stabilize at around 3.5 lbs. Does anybody know/have problems with this trigger and anybody know the cure? I also noted that the trigger body has some stiction in the lower part of the receiver. Tolerances just too tight and precise!!! Is there a simple cure? Thanks, I'm...ah hurtin'. I like/need a trigger around 2.0 lbs.

2. Dan S.

Dan S. TS Member

KX5 triggers are adjustable for poundage with a small screw through the trigger guard. Be advised that most KS/KX hammer springs will weaken over the course of a couple of years and should be replaced to restore consistant trigger pulls. If you are not aware, these guns cock with the top lever. I found the trigger on my KS5 Special to not be very consistant either and was unable to gain confidence in the gun. These Kguns are great to shoot and feel very good in the hands but I'm moving to either a Ljutic or back to Perazzi when the weather gets decent again and I can compare the two directly.

3. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Thanks for your responding; I am finding the same thing. I had one of these guns years ago, a KS-5 and it had lots of miles on it when I bought it and the trigger was lighter and consistent at under 3 lbs. I am very sensitive to trigger pull; am "down enough" after buying this gun to consider going to a release. I mean I shoot much better with my 870 TC with Timney speedlock that has a consistent 2 lb pull. The problem with the 870 is that it beats me raw after 50 rounds...oh well, fun and games, embarassment, all of that in trap.

Has the KX-5's trigger pull hurt your scores all of a sudden?

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I suggest you have a TRAINED gunsmith look at your KX-5. KS/KX-5 triggers are so simplistic in design that very little can go wrong with them and it likely just needs routine maintenance or some earlier misadjustments corrected.

Ed

5. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

Suprised to here this. I've owned guns many mulitples more expensive than a kx-5 and mine had one of the best triggers I've ever shot. I would send it back to Krieghoff USA and see if there is anything they can do. It shouldn't be like that and I wouldn't live with it. Send it back.

6. Dan S.

Dan S. TS Member

AverageEd...In my case I delivered it to a Krieghoff recommended local smith. He did my annual repair. The trigger mechanism is indeed very simple. However, this one was a non repeatble malfunction. It would go extremely light roughly twice per thousand. No one could fix what I couldn't prove short of paying someone to shoot 1000 through it. All parts related to the trigger were replaced. Problem still happened. Yes, it could have been some small thing that I did when closing, cocking, etc. Point being, it never happened on any other gun before or since. Hence, my loss of faith in this gun. I won't buy a KX5 for the very reason that it is the same trigger and other guns have worked just fine for me. I respect your opinion on many things and I hope this clarifies what happened to me.

7. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Chango2.... I had a similiar problem with my KS-5 Special many years ago. The gun was an excellent shooter but the trigger was a real pain in the butt to keep adjusted properly. It would also go from a nice, even 31/2lb. pull to 5+lbs. for no apparent reason. I had enough problems with it that I finally just got rid of it. If I had it to do over, I would probably have had Chris M. convert the trigger to a release. But, at the time, I was a "puller", not a "releaser". I tried a 2lb. setting on my trigger once, but found it way too light for my style of shooting. When I was shooting pull triggers, I preferred 4lb. settings, which seemed to work extremely well.....Just my experience....Dan Thome (Trap2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

kx-5 trigger