1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KX5 release trigger question?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Lyndon Shumaker, Jun 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyndon Shumaker

Lyndon Shumaker Member

Does anyone know how involved it is to change a factory release to a pull trigger? who does it? how much does it cost???

thanks
    Lyndon Shumaker

2. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

I just talked to the Kreighoff people last Friday and got the info on a release trigger. It is $425.00 plus shipping both ways. Turnaround time between two to three weeks. A friend of mine just got his back last week and I shot it and it seemed to be a very good job. I asked the girl that I talked with about converting it back, because IM really not sure that is my flinch problem. She said that it is quite involved and that it should be sent back to them. I forgot to ask what the cost would be to convert back to pull. Hope this helps. alex Kotter

3. gridlock

gridlock Member

Lyndon, I have a KX-5 that I had converted to a release by Earnest Marlette in No. Carolina. His charge is about 1/2 of what you mentioned and he is one of the best. His charge to convert back to pull is next to nothing. I will look for a contact number and post it for you.

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Lyndon, I've switched my KS-5s and my KX-5 from release to pull serveral times so others who shoot those funny triggers that you pull to make the gun go bang could test-fire the guns. The adjustments are easy to figure out once you understand how the trigger system works and takes just minutes after the stock is off.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.