1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KX5/KS5 VS K80 QUESTION

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 682Fan, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 682Fan

682Fan TS Member

I know this has been hashed before. Thinking of a KX5, have seen comments regarding recoil. Also, what is the balance like on these guns? Where I shoot, K80 seems to be more popular.
    Any opinions greatly appreciated.
    Arnie

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I'll guess that when a body wants to spend as much as he must for any of these guns, he'll likely go for the most expensive K-80. Then, the K-80 is the only one that will come in a combo set if that's what will spin your wheels. The KS and KX guns are single barrel guns only, have a completely different mechanism, and are essentially mid-singles where other single barrel, break open guns, including the K-80, are found in upper or lower position barrels. So, the KS and KX guns are unique to any Kreighoff, built to last, a study in simplicity, and just as attractive as any of the nicer, high dollar guns. The original KS gun came in basic configuration with fixed chokes, no adj. rib, no adj. comb, and no adj. trigger. The KS-5 Special came with all those adjustable features plus choke tubes, and the KX-5 is just a KS-5 Special with some relatively insignificant "improvements." If you want a classy, strong, simple single barrel gun, the KS or KX guns are really good choices. Regarding recoil, I just don't see that as a likely thing you'll experience in any of them that are adjustable since they can be dialed in for stock fit, POI, trigger and all for the individual. However, I DID replace the recoil pad for a preferred, rocker, KickEez pad on mine. I have the KS Special and it will be my last single barrel trap gun for this aging duffer....breakemall....Bob Dodd

3. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

Bobby Dodd, when you get ready to sell the KS Special, let me have first crack......LOL........Roger

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

HA - OK, but don't be holdin' your breath....Bob Dodd

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

It is tough to shoot doubles with the KX5

I think the K80 is a better gun- the trigger is better if you are a pull trigger shooter- or seems to feel better

Really- just shoot them-- try to borrow one someone else has

regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.