1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KX5 Bites ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by coffee, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coffee

coffee Member

Why do the KX5's bite and what are some of the remedies to correct them? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks COFFEE

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Usually if a gun bites, it needs a little more negative pitch, start by putting 1/116" x 1" spacers under the top screw of your butt pad & increase by 1/16" increments if you go beyond a 1/4" it may be something else.

Phil Berkowitz

3. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

COFFEE,

Is Phil right about the definition of "bites"? Is your cheek being bashed by the comb ("cheek slap")?

If he is, Phil is describing is the correction for the stock dimension known as "pitch", in this case, increasing the pitch. The pitch is correct when the entire recoil pad, top to bottom, makes simultaneous contact with your shoulder pocket as the gun is mounted (with the top of the pad, the heel, on your collar bone).

Rollin

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The KX's I have shot must fit me. They are very soft shooters. Gun fit is cardinal.

5. snkypete

snkypete Member

Shooting Coach is right on. Proper fit is the key. I am recoil sensitive and my KX 5 is the softest shooting gun I have ever shot, and I've tried a bunch!
    Get a good fit and it won't "bite".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.