1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KX KS question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mikkeeh, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Does anyone know if the KX-KS series is a neural stock...or are they designed as right/left hand? Thx

2. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

I know they make a KX-5 with a left handed stock my friend just bought one LH palm swell and definately cast left handed and has a krieghoff pad so I think it's original.He was wondering if the barrels are backbored stock or if someone did his the bore on his is is .750.Jerry

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Every standard factory Krieghoff trap stock I've ever owned (nine of them) or seen has been neutral with an ambidextrious palm swell. However, at the 2005 Grand, I was at Wenig's having a stock fitting when Dieter Krieghoff met with Delbert Smith, Fred Wenig's partner at the time. At the conclusion of the meeting, Dieter and someone with him left with armloads of Wenig New American stocks. They are left- or right-handed, so they would have a "one-sided" palm swell.

Perhaps your friend got one of those stocks or his gun's stock was replaced along the way. The latter is a good possibility as the bore was altered, too - every recent Krieghoff barrel I've run my bore micrometer through has measured .730" within a half-thousandths.

Ed

4. doubleman

doubleman Member

My KX-5 has both left and right hand palm swells and is neutral cast. The bores should be .732 from the factory.
    Regards Mike

5. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Ed you were correct it is a Wenig LH stock.Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.