1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KX-6

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jrw17, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrw17

jrw17 Member

Is the new KX-6 available? If anyone has shot it and can compared it to its predecessors I would appreciate the pros and cons. My goal it to purchase a Ljutic so my real question is how the KX-6 compares to the Ljutic Mono

2. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

I own one-whole new gun compaired to the 5. Very soft shooter-and the wood is awesome. PerryM

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

http://www.krieghoff.com/ki/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=656&Itemid=178

8-3/4 lbs. Has the features that trapshooters need. But they will all get boogered buy the owners.

How about you Moore... What have you done to yours so far and what are you contemplating?

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Nothing like a painted, excuse me enhanced grain, stock on a $6K gun! The KX-5's are are better gun and can be had for a lot less $$.

ss

5. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

The 'dawg will be here momentarily, first peeing all over somebody’s pant leg, then to tell you about this gun…

:)

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Michshooter that is exactly the same responses I have heard, they don't like it.cheapened it with PHOTO FINISH WOOD, when I first glanced at it I thought it was a Browning Recoiless.

They will enhance the sales of the KX-5, this one thing a Mfgr did right for previous models,Ooops.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Jon ole' boy, I'm sworn to secrecy-Deiter is listening!!

8. butcher

butcher Member

They should have offerd the KX-5 in different rib heights and soften their recoil. I have only seen pictures of the KX6 but I will stick with my KX5.

They look cheap and ugly especially for their price.

9. jrw17

jrw17 Member

So it sounds like for an extra couple grand I should get a Ljutic or find a very nice KX-5.

10. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

mine is still a virgin. Krieghoff has a winner with the 6-P.s. dont like it-dont buy it. The wood is sweet. Most of the comments are from people who haven't shot- or even seen one.

11. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

By the way-if its such a piece of crap,why did Jaquas sell out already?

12. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Jaquas also sold out of UGB25's when they first came out too! It looks like you're in great company.

ss

13. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

I have to agree with what Moore5833 said "Most of the comments are from people who haven't shot- or even seen one". (as usual)

Mark

BTW... More on the wood discussion....I have a Perazzi that costs twice as much as the KX6 and its stock makes a Lowes 2x4 look like a collectors piece.

14. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I have laid hands on a new KX-6 and I wasn't impressed one bit. The whole gun had a cheap appearance to it. The fit and finish was lacking in a way I didn't know was possible in a gun of that kind of costs.

I know a lot of the european guns come with less than spectacular wood, but they don't try to hide the fact by cosmetically altering the grain.

I guess the KX-5 was costing them too much to make so they had to cheapen it up and raise the price. I'll bet this gun goes over as well as the "RT" version of the K-80.

ss

15. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

ss: Show us your facts that KI is "cosmetically altering the grain". Who have you called or where have you read that they're doing this? Dave T.

16. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Edited to make the email easier to read and undersatand.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- From: BROWNST100@aol.com [mailto:BROWNST100@aol.com] Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2011 9:05 PM To: Janine Snyder Subject: E-Mail from the Krieghoff Web-Site
    Hello The KX-6...does the stock have some kind of skin applied over the wood? Thank You Vernon Shaffer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Janine Snyder Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 9:30 AM To: Don Baughman Subject: FW: E-Mail from the Krieghoff Web-Site

Hi Don, What is the chemical enhancement mean? Thank You, Vern.
    In a message dated 8/15/2011 1:28:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

DBaughman@krieghoff.com writes: Mr. Shaffer: The KX-6 does not have a skin applied to it. Regards, Don Baughman Mgr. Tech. Ops. Krieghoff Intl.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: BROWNST100@aol.com [mailto:BROWNST100@aol.com] Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 1:30 PM To: Don Baughman Subject: Re: FW: E-Mail from the Krieghoff Web-Site

Hi Don Ok...please give me a more detailed description on the process. Thank You, Vern Shaffer.

In a message dated 8/15/2011 1:33:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, DBaughman@krieghoff.com writes:

Mr. Shaffer: It is European walnut which is laser enhanced. Don

Mr. Shaffer: The truth is exactly as I stated. There is no skin and they are not painted. Don

Here ya go. It's already been discussed and confirmed on this site. Just use the search function.

ss

17. xtxt

xtxt Active Member

I agree with Perry M most of you haven,t shot the gun but will find some thing wrong because you shoot a different brand. I have shot one it is the softest shooting gun with out a recoil device and great looking.That's just my opinion and we all have one.

Have a good one

Don S.

18. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

Stock
    · Length of Pull 14-3/8“. Drop range: 1-1/4“ – 1-5/8“
    · Monte Carlo buttstock with fully Adjustable Comb (drop & cast)
    · Ergonomic stock design for reduced recoil paired with attractively figured
    European walnut wood

this is a cut and paste from the brochure, i read the whole thing, don't see anything about an enhanced stock. could someone tell me where i can find that information?

thanks, Paul

19. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

Actually Don S shot mine @ FRGC. Almost everyone who has seen it or shot it likes it alot-and scoffed at what they had been reading on this website. The fit and finish are impeccable. When i take it to the club i lock it in my car when i'm not shooting it!!

20. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

Short Sucker-i let a 13yrd kid shoot the KX6 in a money shoot-and he whipped all our butts( 1st time he shot it) Like i said-Don't like it -don't buy it!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browining european 802 trap

kx 6

kx-6

kx-6 vs ljutic