1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KX-5 Will they continue to make it?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Big Dog Dad, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Dog Dad

Big Dog Dad Active Member

I was interested in a new KX-5 a short time ago, but I kept hearing that they were no longer being manufactured. In the new Trap and Field I received today, I see the ad for the "new and improved" hype for the KX-5. Does anyone know the true story on this trap gun?

Mike

2. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Mine made the Winchester 101 and the Remington 870 feel like they shot soft. That KX5 just kicked the crap out of me.

3. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

one of the best sbt made.

i have a ks5 Danube that i love.

new or used, a great trap gun.

dave

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

For almost a year, I also heard stories of the demise of the KX-5 but a recent visit to Krieghoff International's website shows it still listed as being made. It's hard to tell what KI will do with it. When dealer inventories of the KS-5 became high, they halted production for three years. When the time came to restart production, they made some changes and reintroduced the gun as the KX-5. It wouldn't surprise me to see them do the same thing again and bring the KX-5 back with another model designator and a high rib in keeping with the latest trend.

Ed

5. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

Hoosier Daddy & others - I also had both the 870 (as a teen) and the 101 before I bought a KX5 last year. The KX5 did kick me hard (like smack, ouch and ugh) when I demo shot it, but I really liked the swing and smoke when I was 'on'.

I made a few modifications to the gun, adjusted the fit etc and I now can shoot it all day just wearing a polyester tee shirt, no pad. (yes, pants too)

This goes to show what many say on here on TS, and Rollin Oswald writes, get the right fit, make the correct modifications and your felt recoil can be vastly reduced in many cases.

js

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Kreighoff has quit mfg the KX-5 and closing them out and a new model is coming out. W/better styling and configuration. Look for it at the Next Grand in 2010.
    Jaquas is buying them up and selling at closeout prices, a new shipment is due to Jaquas soon. I have seen them new for less than $4500.00

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

That deal reminds me of the 90T, when Remington bowed out and Jaquas was clearancing out 90Ts for @$1500... If around $4K, the KX-5 is one heckuva gun at that price point!

regards all,

Jay

8. BigGuy

BigGuy TS Member

Where are they selling new for less than $4500?

9. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Krieghoff was really dumping these guns just a few months back. A dealer could buy these for $3000 each if they took 5 or more. This way they could retail them for $4000 and still make a tidy profit.

Guns Unlimited had a few of them when they stopped being Krieghoff dealer, and they blew them out for $3295. I notice they still have a few k-80's and k-20's in stock.

ss

10. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

the way i understand it is ottsville will continue to support the kx5 probably forever for parts and service-rick

11. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

Last i heard Jaquas was out of KX's(new ones). Friend of mine was there last weekend and bought a used one. I got mine for under 4500,this summer.

12. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

I just checked Jaquas site. They have a mint used one for $3,999.00. The last edition of Gun Digest had an ad from them that stated they will be getting more soon and that one can be put on hold for arrival.
    Doug Allison

13. KRK32

KRK32 Member

I heard from a reliable source the kx-5 is to be replaced by a combo gun in the less than 10k range new. It is designed to compete with the latest Blaser is offering. Kirk

14. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

My understanding is KX-5's will continue to be produced and sold this year. Krieghoff was simply letting a temporary glut of guns leave the system before beginning production of new ones. Long gun sales are very soft at this time and Krieghoff reacted to marketplace demands!!

15. butcher

butcher Member

If they offered a high rib option they would sell like hot cakes.

16. wlc

wlc Member

Do they offer them with anything except a neutral stock? I had one and really liked the way the gun was made. Couldn't ever get comfortable with the stock though.

17. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Actually, the prototype KS-5 was designed an a high-rib gun. I believe only three were actually produced. We referred to them as "winged warriors" in 1985. As far as stocks are concerned, I'll agree Krieghoff needs some lessons!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.