1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

kx-5 vs caesar guerini

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mybuddierob, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mybuddierob

mybuddierob TS Member

I have looking for a decent trap gun over the past several months and have narrowed the gun down to either the kx-5 or the caesar guerini mangus unsingle. Can anyone provide their opinion or feedback on the two? Advantages / disadvantages of one or the other? I am currently using my beretta 682 gold e sporting o/u.

Thanks!!

2. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

Take a test drive before you buy, shoot either gun & see which fits you better, some people can't shoot a K gun, they complain about getting beat up, ----Phil

3. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

I owned a KS5 and just tried out the Guerini yesterday. I like the high rib, but the gun beat the hell out of me - but to be fair, I didn't really adjust anything on the test gun other than adjust the rib to the middle position, and I'm left handed shooter shooting what was a right handed gun. I shoot a K80 and the Guerini is a good bit lighter.

Shot a 24 from the 27 on the practice trap as easy as eating pancakes. I liked it more than the KS5, but prefer the feel of the K80, but like the high rib.

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

There really is no comparison to speak of here....what so ever.

5. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

Kind of like comparing a porsche to a yugo. Both sell but their is no comparison on engineering, track record, or holding value. Service availability is also no comparison.

6. mybuddierob

mybuddierob TS Member

Can you be more specific with your comments? I have been researching both guns and while CG hasn't been around as long as Krieghoff, most of the reviews and warranty on their guns are outstanding.

7. George MT.

George MT. Moderator Staff Member

Hello, a reecomendation would be to try a KX-5 on a demo plan from duPont/Krieghoff.Myself and several of my fellow shooters have done this and it really gave me the chance to evaluate what would be an excellent choice for a trap gun.My dads KX-5 was purchased thru a demo plan and he got to shoot it for about 3 weeks befor making a choice.He also shoots a 32" over/under CG Magnus trap model for doubles and really enjoys the gun.Comparing the CG and the KX-5 is interesting though because with the CG unsingle you can ad the double bbl. later.With the KX-5 you get one of the best mono trap guns ever built. Shoot well, George JR. MT

8. ink ball

ink ball Member

I've owned a couple of KX-5's. In fact, I got rid of one when I bought my Caesar Guerini trap combo. Both are very good guns. The only reason I got rid of my KX-5 is that I wanted to be able to shoot trap doubles in addition to singles and handicap (and I really wanted to be able to do this with a combo instead of having a separate O/U for doubles). For me, the CG has a little less felt recoil than the KX-5. Striclty a matter of gun fit, however, so the best is to try to shoot each of them before you buy.

If you were never going to shoot doubles, I would probably go for the KX-5, but you'd never go wrong with the CG. Plus, if you DO decide you would like to shoot doubles some day, it is as simple as having a O/U barrel fitted to you unsingle gun.

Custormer service is outstanding from both Krieghoff and CG. I don't think you'd have an issue with either, but it would be really tough to get BETTER customer service than what you get from Krieghoff.

9. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I tryed out the KX5 and the K80 TS along with the Blaser F3 and the CG. For me they were all good and nice shooting guns. But the Caesar Guerini just felt the best and I shot it the best right out of the box. So when I came home form the shoot I orderd a nee CG Summit Trap.
    I know it was a new company. So was Lexus and look at it today. I think with all the good press out there Caesar Guerini will only go up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.