1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KX-5 to be dicontinued by Krieghoff

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 3357, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3357

3357 Member

I called Krieghoff today to order a part for my KX-5. During the conversation I was told that production of the KX-5 would be discontinued "later this year". I was assured that parts and service will continue to be available as always.
    This was news to me, are you all aware of this? I must be living in a cave.

Jess

2. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Jess, This probably explains why some dealers have been running specials under $5K for the KX-5 recently to clear out the stocks. I suspect that Kreighoff may be coming out with an updated gun to replace the KX-5, probably something with a higher rib to compete with Kolar TS and Perazzi TM-9.

3. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

What is a TM-9 Perazzi?

4. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I think the KX was to be a cheaper Krieghoff gun for those who could not afford the KS and other models. I for one did not like the KX. Then again, I did not shoot the two KS 5 Special models I owned very well either. One was 32" and the other was 34". I just can't shoot a mid single. P gun for me.Ray.....

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Don't buy KX-5s now wait until OHIO STATE SHOOT and GRAND AMERICAN for drastically reduced prices, Dealer cost now is just a little over $3000 if they buy 5 of them.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Good advice, Gary. In this economy, there could well be a lot of "good" prices at the Grand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ks-5 year discontinued krieghoff