1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KX-5 release to pull conversion

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wlc, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wlc

wlc Member

Hi, I removed the release hook on my KX-5 attempting to return it to a pull. There appears to be too much sear engagement resulting in a very long trigger pull. The screw under the trigger which looks like it would adjust this seems to be in all the way. What am I missing?
    Thanks
    Bill

2. wlc

wlc Member

3. Don Nelson

Don Nelson Member

I think you have to call them and get a longetr screw to return to pull
    Don Nelson

4. jbshep

jbshep Member

Looks like a simple screw adjustment would switch between pull and release. Does anyone know if it can be done this way?

5. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Wic, I just recently purchased a KS-5 special from this site. I had the guy switch it back to pull. When I got the gun, it had more travel in it than my 03 Springfield. Ed Haley helped me determine that the adjustment screw had been shortened. I called Kreighoff and was told that the screw was a restricted item and the gun had to be sent in to the factory to be installed. Ed had told me the screw was, I believe, an M3-.05. I went to several places and finally found one. Actually bought 3 of them for 7 cents and installed it. Slack gone. Hope this helps. Steve

6. jbshep

jbshep Member

Thanks, Steve; are you now able to switch between pull and release by simply adjusting the screw?

7. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

jbshep, No. It's only pull. Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.