1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KX 5 Owners

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Westie, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Westie

Westie Member

Thinking about buying my first P or K gun. Can't afford a combe and would like to know your opinion on the KX 5. Thanks.

2. PhillyD

PhillyD Member

Westie
    It's a fine trapgun. I had one for three years and never a problem of any kind
    Some posters here say they were bothered by the recoil.I never found that to be true.I thought the recoil was minimal but I shoot only new shells.Not the reloaded (boomers)some guys shoot.I don't think you can go wrong with a KX-5
    I also have several friends that shoot them and no complaints from them either. Philly D

3. bgf

bgf Active Member

WESTIE,

I had one and loved it. The most common complaint about a KX-5 is that it cocks upon opening. Requires a little more effort to pull the break-open lever. As a leftie, I had no problem pushing it with left hand but some righties said it was hard to open/cock. Other then that, I love the mid-line barrel.

Bernie

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Like the KS-5 before it, the KX-5 is probably one of the most bullet-proof designs out there. Mine will be five years old next month. I don't shoot as much these days, so I only have Krieghoff International service it every three years and have not had anything even remotely resembling a failure.

Ed