1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KX-5 compared to Ljutic Mono?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rbmtrap, Aug 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

New Krieghoff KX-5's are going for roughly the same price as used Ljutic Monos. Thoughts/opinions on why one would get one over the other?

Thanks!

2. butcher

butcher Member

They are both good guns. Why buy the used gun when you can get the new one for the same price?

3. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

You can go to Joel Etchen's website and see for yourself. There are 2 used KX-5's and 4 used Ljutics' and they are very close to the same price. So I don't think you can get a new KX-5 for the price of a used Ljutic.

Speaking only for the Ljutic's (since I've never shot a KX-5) I'm convinced they are the best gun on the market for the money. They last forever and are extremely easy to work on. I've owned one for three years now and just love the thing. It will be in my stable for life.

I own three guns. A Ljutic mono gun built in 2004, a Browning XT combo set built in 2008, and a Beretta 686 combo set built in 2000. By far the Ljutic is the easiest to work on and most reliable. Again, I can't speak for the Geman made gun, but I can speak for the American made Ljutic.

Buy American.

Bucko43

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

New KX-5s at Jaquas $4295

The only comparasion is they are both single bbls.

Ljutics are more dependable.

First hand knowledge here.

KX-5s are known for broken extractors,and they charged for replacements.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I have owned a Mono gun and I currently own a KX-5. I think the KX has a stronger locking system and is a simple gun like the Ljutic with few moving parts. The Mono is noticeably softer on recoil than a KX-5, but you get an adjustable rib and comb from the factory with the KX. I don't think Ljutic's adjustable rib has been that popular. However, once you get the POI you are looking for you don't move the rib anyway. If I could find a deal on a Monogun, I would definately buy another, but I don't see me getting rid of the KX-5. I would buy the Ljutic with the fixed choke and rings in the muzzle end of the barrel over a Ljutic with the choke tubes. Either gun is a fine one at that and would do a good job for you if it fits you. An unsingle Beretta 682 Gold E combo could be bought for about the same money and it is a pretty good gun also.

John E.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.