1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KUDOS TO THE SPARTANBURG GUN CLUB

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shaggist, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaggist

shaggist Member

I had a most pleasant and enjoyable week, shooting at the 2013 South Carolina State Trapshoot at the Spartanburg Gun Club outside Pacolet, SC. And, I owe this delightful time that I experienced there solely to the efforts of Ron Burdick, the Ladies and Gentleman of the club, and the Spartanburg Young Guns. All of their combined efforts made this one of the best shoots I have ever had the pleasure to attend. From the moment I entered the grounds on Wednesday morning, I could see that a tremendous amount of coordinated effort had been spent on the organization of this shoot. The grounds were immaculate, looking as if they had just finished mowing the entire property's grass just moments before I arrived. There wasn't one stray piece of paper or trash to be seen anywhere. It was a beautiful sight to see, and well worthy of hosting the SC State, making everyone that attended feel as if we were special guests of the owner and management.

The organization was evident from the first moment, with classification, squadding, and fee payment proceeding rapidly and accurately. The events started on time each day, and proceeded with very few hitches, all of which were corrected within minutes of occurence. There is nothing so perverse as an inanimate object, and they are found in abundance at a trap club. The scorers were very well trained and attentive to their tasks, and I saw no sign of any miscalls in all the events that I shot. The targets were perfect in their presentation, with all angles being correct as well as the speed of their flight. The entire 5 day shoot went like clockwork, and I thoroughly enjoyed ever minute that I spent there.

In closing, I wish to again thank the entire Spartanburg Gun Club for an absolutely delightful shoot, and I hope that the others that I attend this year will be done as well. If you missed going, you missed a very good time, as everyone with whom I spoke had nothing but good things to say about the entire week.

With many thanks,

Jack Young

2. Tatanka Donk

Tatanka Donk Active Member

Jack, I second that. Was my first time there but won't be my last. Don Kerce

3. Ernroe

Ernroe Member

I totally agree w/ Jack & Don it was a job well done.

Ernie Ashby

4. Lovemy99

Lovemy99 Member

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the kind words. Everyone at Spartanburg Gun Club thanks you for your support and attendance at this year's event. We do strive to make the experience the best that it can be every year.

I am the coach of the AIM youth team, "The Young Guns". I really appreciate the acknowledgement of their contributions and hard work to help get the club ready. I will pass along the kind words to the kids at our next practice.

We have a registered shoot on the first Saturday of each month (except July). Please accept our invitation to come and shoot with us then, or anytime you would like. We are open for shooting on Friday, Saturdays, and Sunday. We would be happy to have you.

Thanks again and Jack, congratulations on your stellar performance this past weekend. It was a pleasure to watch you at work.

Scott Pace, Spartanburg Gun Club

5. Lovemy99

Lovemy99 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.