1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kudos to the organizers of the Iowa State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RickA, Jul 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickA

RickA Member

I just wanted to tell everyone how absolutely amazed I was yesterday when I attended my first state shoot here in Iowa. Many thanks should go out to every single person who had a hand in the work involved with such a great venue.
    Having never been to anything like this I decided to go and experience it first hand and from the time I stepped foot on the grounds everyone was just fantastic, walking me through the registration process getting squadded etc.....
    By far the highlight of the day was being able to post the highest scores I have ever shot in trap exceeding the goals I had set for myself and having a great time doing it. The only problem I could find is I have to wait a whole year to do it all over again.
    Thanks again to everyone associated with putting on this event. I can't wait till next year.
    Rick

2. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

My first Iowa State shoot also, and I agree the event was excellent, My congrats to Frank Sick for the instate singles championship and the targets were excellent, also me and my friend talked about how the trap help was excellent the best I have been around in years, the shoot was run perfect and I will be back next year. Thanks Stan

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Awfully good to hear positive comments on something, isn't it?? Shoot often and enjoy it while we can. Bob

4. Sonny

Sonny Member

5. Bigbird

Bigbird TS Member

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Iowa puts on a great shoot. Good food, good folks. Dave Bishop

7. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Iowa is the State Shoot that I really look forward too each year. The young ladies in the scoring chairs and effecent and prompt, and so are the targets loaders. my only Question is why did they not shoot all of the traps in Doubles on Tuesday and Wednesday. A lot of people just waiting around. But still my favorite Shoot. Bob

8. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

Always a fairly well run shoot even with some of the weather problems Thurs./Fri. with flooded traps, etc....

In 2008 when there was MAJOR flooding on the grounds before the state shoot by the time the shoot rolled around you would not know anything happened.
    I am sure a LOT of work behind the scenes that year and every year make that shoot happen.

Always a fun time!!!

9. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

In 2008 there were the mallard ducks landing out in the field of view while shooting from time to time though. I felt it was an added attraction rather than a detraction though.
    I kind of missed the flocks of Canada geese that used to fly over during the national anthem this year. Maybe they were there earlier in the week when I wasn't.

10. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

There was a thought that they could cut back on trap help expense which is a major factor in running a shoot. Some of these kids were first timers and it also gave them a learning period. At the state meeting our president Dave Wickman assured us it would not happen again. It was his first year as president and I think he and the group did a fine job with weather and conditions. Shooting started on time except for the night we got 10" of rain and litteraly had to pump and scoop water off of the lines. Kids were good and someone who always gets overlooked is Wendy Delagardelle, 25 years of getting the kids needed to run the shoot. IF ever there was one who does not get all the credit deserved it is Wendy, just because she is not a shooter does not mean she is not a great contributor. I am looking forward to helping more again next year, this total knee replacement has really kicked my ___.BK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what year was the first iowa state trap shoot