1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KUDOS to Mich.Trap Association

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xtxt, Sep 9, 2013.

1. xtxt

xtxt Active Member

Great job to the TEAM MTA this weekend "looking good".

I know you can't please everyone. I thought birds flew awesome and trappers were great. Management did very good job.

Had a very enjoyable shoot looking forward to next year.

Have a good one

Don S.

2. Mike

Mike Member

A new era has begun with a well run shoot Thanks for all who gave their time. Mik

3. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

I have attended the last 3 or 4 Fall Team shoots and a few things stood out about this one. First thing I noticed was there was a bunch more vehicles in parking lot. Last year I pulled in and parked by the classification building. This year I got there earlier and the first parking section was pretty full. What a great thing to see! Classification and squadding was smooth even though there were a bunch of shooters paying their annual dues at the same time. Great job by the classifiers handling all of that. Several times throughout the day I heard "Thanks for coming to our shoot". The Michigan crew went out of their way to make us Buckeyes feel welcome. Food was excellent! Target setting was spot on. Scorekeepers did a perfect job on our banks. Mason has always been one of the best shooting facilities in the country and when you add in the recent changes up there, Mason should once again be on everyone's "cant miss this shoot" list. A BIG THANK YOU to all the MTA crew!

DuckDog

a.k.a. Don Cogan

4. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

Congrats to GARRETT M THOMSEN, who went 100 straight in the team shoot, 25 straight in the Team shoot shoot-off and 175 straight in the Individual shoot-off. Heck of an evening for that lad!

5. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

Good to see the numbers up at the Mich. fall team shoot...Had a great weekend, keep up the good work....

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

It isn't even fall yet, why not wait a little longer till it is cooler.

GB
    DLS

7. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

Longshot,it was fall on sunday morning for sure. MTA did a great job on this last shoot of the year.BIG crowd on sunday.

8. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

I only went to Mason for the Saturday night meeting between the Michigan Clubs to set our shoot dates for next year. Even that was a first class operation. Didn't have to wait like in past years.

I will be shooting this event in 2014!!

Chuck

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

What does it matter to you Longshot? You don't go anyway. And no I don't care where you went 30 years ago. Is there anything you don't want to change? Why can't you just say something positive like "glad it was a great shoot"?

10. zimmie

zimmie Active Member

We were at the Mason fall team shoot, weather was great, targets great, lots of good times had by all. These new guys are working hard and we wish them the best of luck and we well be there next year for all the shoots. thanks Bob Zimmerman

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

It was a great weekend with a lot of great people who had a great time at a great facility.

Don

12. crackshot

crackshot Member

This was my first ATA shoot and I thought it was great. Good targets and good score keepers. After all the complaining I had heard about the MTA they must have made the right changes.

13. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

I shot all the big events at MTA this year-the trappers were mostly the same kids every time,and they did a great job-never a problem.