1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kudos to Doug Breaker for his fine work on my 90-T

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Star4Ever, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

I just received back from Doug Breaker, (Doug's Gunsmith Shop) in Backus, MN my early Remington model 90-T single barreled trap gun. This gun is an early 90-T model and needed some attention... the locking block needed adjustment, the forearm iron needed the retrofit correction, the matte blueing was warn and needed a refinish and the springs needed to be replaced. So, as a 20 year old gun, which had seen quite a bit of use, it needed some TLC.

Doug did a remarkable job with all of those items. The matte black finish on the barrel and receiver are just super. We did the side plates in matte silver (although a second set of side plates was color case hardened by Doug Turnbull). The barrel lug's geometry was changed to an 8 degree angle and Doug also removed some burrs from the rib and barrel mouth. He also made the trigger a very nice gold plated finish.

Just shot the gun at the patterning board at my club and shot a few rounds of trap. It is like brand new now. Locks up perfectly, and the trigger is very nice.

I think it important to give praise to the craftsmen here on this forum who perform excellent work.... Doug Breaker is among them.

Thanks
    Art

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

How about a photo of his work. We all agree but like to see it

3. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Thanks to Doug Braker (GunDr)because of his WORK,Information, Parts and ALL around "GoodGuy" status I (Joe90t) have been able to "function" as The 90T guy in the Western part of the US. NO, i am NOT saying i KNOW very much about 90T's but, have owned a LOT of them and Doug has been MY Go-to Guy.If Doug were to build a single barrel JUST like the 90T and call it the "DB900" that gun would sell like "Hotcakes" JMO.I think cubancigar2000 and i should RECEIVE the First 2. Just saying. Joe joe90t

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I hope to one day next year put my Kolar in drydock with Doug. I have spoken to him about this via phone. It's just when it will be convenient to be sans my favorite pet trapgun! Love to see pictures of his work on your gun.

I've heard nothing but good things about Doug Breaker. (ironic surname for a gunsmith, come to think of it?) But...he strikes me as a sincere, motivated, knowledgeable and competent craftsman. Wish he were in So-Cal!!! Because he is not, he is not perfect, only almost perfect.

5. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

Guys:
    I am doing desk duty at my club tomorrow... so when I get a chance, I will take a few photos of the low rib 90-T that just came in from Doug and also my 90-T HPAR which I may choose as my 2013 ATA singles gun this year. Will post them on Saturday.
    Thanks
    Art

6. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

Here are a few pictures That I took of the low rib 90-T.

7. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

Another

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

GunDr is tremendous... had him work on both my 90T low rib and the HPAR. The teflon finish he did on my HPAR emulates the original matte finish and is much more durable...

Kolar did a great job of bringing the gun to fruition, and Doug be the man to keep it up and runnning...

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.