1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kudos for Laib's (and FedEx)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JPM, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPM

JPM Member

Kudos for Laib

Sent my 3200 to Laib's late in the afternoon of Monday, December 3. On Thursday, December 6 they called to tell me that they had received the gun and had completed their evaluation and shared their recommendations with me. I authorized the repairs. On Tuesday, December 11 they called to tell me that the work was done and they shipped the gun that day. It arrived here in the Houston area today, Thursday, December 13. Ten day turnaround including two way shipping and a weekend. I think that is remarkable.

JPM

2. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

What did you have done? Laib's are the 3200 go to guys from what I hear. I regret selling a 3200 special trap that I should have invested the Laib's repairs.
    Doug Allison

3. JPM

JPM Member

Doug, I had the breech face repaired (bushing), the stock was glass bedded, hammer follower rods replaced, toggle slide block, top lever screw, one firing pin replaced, two sear springs replaced. The gun had trigger issues that were the result of some earlier owner's efforts and I asked that the triggers be brought back to factory specs. I'm entirely satisfied with the price that I paid.

I previously owned a first year 3200, bought new back in 1973, 28 inch sk/sk gun and over some time the gun and I became friends. I sold it and have regretted the sale ever since. I bought this gun this past summer and am looking forward to some fun with it - although I doubt that it will replace my Blaser.

JPM

4. Crunch

Crunch Member

I was in Spicer, MN yesterday and stopped at Laibs Gunsmithing. It is fun place to visit and Pat is a fun guy to visit with. Of course, he was super busy but he took time with me to talk about old trap guns, triggers, coatings, etc. He is a shooter, does great work, and is a nice guy!

5. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Laibs in Spicer is Mecca for those who love the 3200.

Live long and prosper!

Guy Babin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.