1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kudos for Kolar..wood moves....ends well

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Border Bandit, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I noticed a small scratch near the rear of the tang just opposite the safety on my Kolar, which turned out to be a crack. After talking to the folks at Racine it was decided to return the gun to them for a proper fix. The stock with receiver was sent on Thursday and was in their hands the following Monday. Work started on Tuesday with complete re-inletting and bedding, along with a pin and glass fix for the crack. While there, it was decided to replace the somewhat worn Decelerator pad, and do a PM on the trigger assembly and replace the springs; a D&C, if you will.

I talked with them on Wednesday and was told it was done and would be shipped on Thursday. It was back in my hands this afternoon, Wednesday, for a turn around time of two weeks from the time it hit the UPS drop off, ten of those days were in shipment. That's good service from a first class company. I'm very happy with my choice in the selection of Kolar and will recommend Kolar to anyone who's looking for a great gun and company backing it up.

best...mike
    mikepoore_2008_27082.jpg

2. RAScott

RAScott Member

Very nice Wood. Bob S

3. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

Border Bandit? Is that you, Mike ol' pal? And if it isn't, that's a hell of a coincidence, meaning the tiny crack at the tang.

Anyway, glad they fixed it for you.

4. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's me, Phil. Not to mention, the gun looks a lot like that other guy's, huh?

I sure am happy with the folks at Kolar, see U and (S)Marge this afternoon....best...mike

5. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

How old was the gun at the time the crack was discovered? Was there any discussion of replacing the stock on warranty instead of repairing it?

Ted K.

6. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Most new gun warranties do not cover the wood. When I owned my Kolar they told me that they do not cover the wood on there guns so that is probably why the stock was fixed and not replaced.

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I doubt you'll find any company that warranties wood. I know Beretta will not, after a crack developed in the forend of my dads 682.

8. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Yeah, but this stock was 2 weeks old when the crack was discovered.

Ted K.

9. high 2

high 2 Member

Did they charge to fix it?

10. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Browning warranties the wood on their Cynergy. I know, I had my stock replaced because of a similar crack. The fix wasn't as fast as this though; it took 20 days.

Here's the crack on my stock:
    CrackedStock.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.