1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KUDOS FOR GRAY'S SHOTGUN CACHE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 2 kluk, Jun 10, 2013.

1. 2 kluk

2 kluk Member

Short story.

Shooting at the U.S. Open and on the 5th shot of the second 1 hundred in the singles championship, my ejector broke on my old K-80. My squad was very understanding and waited while I figured out what was wrong. I gave up and was ready to quit, when the grandfather of one of my teammates said go see Gray's... he may be able to help (no regular gunsmiths on site). I hustled up to his stand. He quickly asked "what's wrong"? He said he had one K-80 on the table and proceeded to take the right ejector out and quickly put in my gun. Said "come back when you're through shooting and we will settle up. Hustled back and finished the round and the event.

Went back to settle up and he said "no charge... lifetime warranty". "I'll exchange it the next time I see the Krieghoff rep." Refused to take any money. So now he has a K-80 that can't be sold until he's able to get an ejector.

Two other people at the Open shared stories with me about his tremendous efforts and attitude toward helping shooters. I hope all of you have had great experiences like this one. I hope we all will support this great gentleman because we're very fortunate to have him affiliated with our sport.

2. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

At the Spring Grand in Tucson this year...

Doug Gray looked through a set of take-off stocks and found a left-handed one that had some twist to correct for cant. He put it on a Perazzi and checked the fit on it for me and made a few adjustments. I immediately went to the line for the start of the next event. Shot 25, 24, 25... Ended up with my best score ever and only one target less than the winner of my class.

Doug is a most helpful person.

3. Dukefan

Dukefan K-80 Trap Special TS Supporters

Last fall I was wanting to buy a Guerini Maxum Trap combo. Being new to trap shooting, I did not know much, so I called around to a few vendors to get pricing and some basic information. I found a Grays Shotgun Cache ad in a magazine and called Doug. He mentioned that he would be at the Missouri fall classic that next week, so I drove three hours and met Doug and Susie at the shoot. As I said before, I was new to the sport and very green. I was completely out of my element and nervous about being at the trap shoot, but after meeting Doug, I felt at ease. Doug was very friendly and knowledgeable. He took the time to answer all my "newbie" questions and explained the features of the Guerini, what to look for in the proper fit, the necessary maintenance requirements, and even some basics of trap shooting with me. Even though their booth was full of people, Doug spent over an hour with me on that busy morning. I really appreciated him taking to time to educate me on my new sport. I ended up buying the Guerini that day from Doug and will always be a fan and customer of Grays Shotgun Cache. Dominick

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

He's one of the best in the business!

5. Steve Bills

Steve Bills Member

Agree...He & his wife Susie are in a group of Best in the Business..Allways fair & caring......Steve

6. rossi690

rossi690 Active Member

Doug's the best, he did some work for me on my Ceasar Guerini that was superb. I can't say enough good things about Doug.

7. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

They are Good people. Not going to find many better out there.

8. globe fish

globe fish Member

DOUG did a C.G. swap for me at the Tucson spring grand,first class all the way very reasonable,great service,great people. Fred Lewis.

9. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

Wow I have known Doug for years and never knew this about him. Susie is nice but never would have thought this about him. Signed broke because I bought took may guns from Doug.

10. undersluice

undersluice Member

I also bought my CG from him. Will highly recommend him to all prospective trap shotgun buyers.

Thanks,
    JB

11. Cazadore

Cazadore Member

Thanks to all. WE have always beleived in customers for life. Look forward to seeing everyone at the club. Doug and Susie
    I'll reserve a special deal for you Stumpy.

12. Eric XT

Eric XT TS Member

I got my Ceasar Guerini from Doug. He's a honest and easy guy to deal with.

13. bubbasdad92

bubbasdad92 Member

At the Illinois State Shoot I was having a terrible time with FTF's and complaining bitterly about the brand of primers I had used in my reloads. Doug suggested he should take a look at my gun, but I was certain there was no problem with it. He still had me bring it in so he could check it out. After chastising me severely for my gun-cleaning practices (or lack of), he quickly found a worn internal part, replaced it and sent me on my way with my problem solved. There is value to that kind of customer service.

14. Valerie Jones

Valerie Jones Member

My husband and I met Doug this past February in Tuscon and have been tucking money into our "gun fund" since. We were quite impressed with Doug and plan on buying our "his" and "her" Caesar Guerinis from him. It is really nice to read all these wonderful comments. They confirm our impression and make me all that more excited. We will be placing a call to him soon!

15. Kim Z.

Kim Z. Member

I purchased an early Ljutic Mono-Gun from Doug this year. Dependable service and fair prices. I also referred a widow to Doug who wanted to know the value of her deceased husband's Ljutic and possibly put it on consignment or sell it outright.

Doug, did she contact you?

Kim

16. 7mag

7mag Well-Known Member

I will agree and confirm all the great things that are being said about Doug & Susie. I was at the Nebraska state shoot and traded for a K80 trap special. They were very helpfull friendly and just a pleasure to do bussiness with. I would highly recommend them for your next gun purchase.
    Thanks; Rich Schooler

Search tags for this page

grays gun cache