1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kudos for Doug Braker

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by claybreaker808, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claybreaker808

claybreaker808 Member

I'd like to give my highest compliments to Doug Braker in Backus, MN for fixing the trigger on my 625 Golden Clays. It was converted to a mechanical trigger by a reputable company when I had subgauge tubes fabricated for it. Shortly following the conversion the gun began fan-firing. Doug complimented the gunsmith that performed the conversion and explained how he could fix the trigger problem with a few adjustments and a couple of small springs. Doug returned my gun with a fantastic trigger and an invoice. He wouldn't accept pre-payment because he likes to work on a basis of trust. Not many guys like Doug around these days.

George

2. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Doug is the Man! I also had a positive experience with him.

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

One of the best!

Jim Chapman

Michigan

4. Joe O

Joe O Member

Add me to the list of very satisfied customers. He helped me with the trigger on my 525 smallbore set. He got it just the way I wanted!
    First class guy, couldn't recommend him enough. He did some 391 work for me too.
    Joe O

5. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

He rebuilt my 90-T. It is like brand new... He has also converted a pull to a release trigger for me and it was and is perfect.

6. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Great work and a pleasure to deal with. Bill H.

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Had double the pleasure on both my 90Ts...

Jay

8. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Doug just converted my 90-T trigger to release, it is absolutely fantastic. Turn around was rapid, price more than fair. J.W.

9. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Ditto what everyone says about Doug.

If only we could clone Doug Braker a few times. We could distribute the clones geographically around the US, so he'd be closer to all. <:)

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

10. romie

romie Active Member

He definaely knows Perazzi also and is quick
    Monty

11. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

Add me to the list of very satisfied customers.

I always ask him if he wants me to throw a check or a couple c-notes in the case for some front money. He never does.

He turned a shot to crap, beat to death, ass-ugly BT-99 into a real showpiece for me.

12. mooshkat

mooshkat Member

Diddo for me, he rebuilt my BT-99, great work and on time. Dave

13. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

One of the GREAT ALL-AROUND gunsmiths.. Doug can fix just about any thing.. Not many of them around.. Mike

14. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Kudos for Doug Braker,
    After working on six P-Gun trigger assemblies and two P-Guns (for me), Mr. Braker is truly the "Smokey Yunick" of gun mechanics. He is the easiest man to talk to about your specific problem. I believe he loves his work and uses modern tools and skills to produce a superior product. His knowledge of shotgun locking bolts should be put in book form, but then the rest of the competition would have an advantage! (He also has a 36 inch mandrel Sunnen horizontal hone for barrel work too!) AND HE ANSWERS THE PHONE TOO!!
    .........Sincerely,
    ...........Jet Boat Bill......ATA Life Member/Webster, NY

15. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Had my perazzi to another gun shop twice...Sent it to Dougs and when I got it back it was done right. A+ kinda guy! Tks from Tim in Nebraska.

16. late bloomer

late bloomer TS Member

Doug is the best . He has done work on my 90T HPAR. I can't say enough about his standards of excellence and integrity.

Terry Sandlin
    Topeka, KS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.