1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kudos for Browning Serivce

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Coach, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

A good friend of mine had a Browning Combo Topsingle barrel fail by breaking completely in two in front of the forend. Browning, of course, wanted the gun back. The failure looked like some barrels I have seen break in half with the Moneymaker rib.

To make a long story short, Browning sent him a NEW gun with the best looking stock I have seen on a Golden Clays Combo. Turnaround time? less than a month.

Way to go, Browning!

2. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Coach,

How long exactly did it take? If that were me, I would be happy with a weeks turnaround, but certainly not 3 1/2 weeks. I'm also quite sure that the only reason they turned it around that fast, well, fast for browning, is because it was such a catastrophic failure, and they wanted to put out the fire asap.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have great difficulty understanding how a tube of soft steel can break into two pieces. I also have never heard of Moneymaker ribs causing barrels to break in two. Could someone educate me on this type of failure?

Pat Ireland

4. blaster

blaster Member

They are a two piece setup. I have heard of this before.

5. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Well now, thats good news! Maybe the Browning service that sucked for a few years finally got the message! Lack of money speaks BIGTIME!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.