1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KS5 Special POI

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rlh24758, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rlh24758

rlh24758 TS Member

I just got a real nice KS5 Special, I would like to set POI to factory setting 65/35. it has three marks for the adjustment, I would like to know where to start at. I sent a email to Krieghoff and haven't got anything back, so I called and still no help. Can anyone help out on this Trapper

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Trapper, why don't you pattern it yourself? Relying on words of others may cost you time and money wasted on what it should be compared to what it actually is? Set it at all three adjustments and see which one breaks the most clays for your timing? What if someone else has reworked the gun possibly altering the factory specks for POI? OR, where they correct in the first place?

Hap

3. rlh24758

rlh24758 TS Member

I should have put my glasses on and look a little closer. Their 5 marks under the barrel. Vern I don't understand, what you mean, by seeing thru the hole

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

You have two choices

1. Pattern it and experiment
    2. Guess

you only need to fire a few shells for option 1-- you could spend years for option 2

most shooters spend years and select option 2

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Oh- you might find you dont like 65/35 with that gun- each gun has different dynamics- ignition speed = etc

So pattern it and then shoot it

regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.