1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KS shooter John Kasberger passes away

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shotgunfun, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Unfortunately, I have some sad news to put on here today. Kansas shooter John Kasberger lost his battle with cancer. I believe he died on Monday. The visitation is on Wed. night in Lawrence Kansas. That is the only detail I have at this time.

John always wore a hat that said "older than dirt". I never saw John that he didn't have a smile on his face. Always a positive attitude until the end of his days. We were truly blessed to know John. There are very few people that have the great attitude he had every day.

He leaves his wife Nancy, a great lady as well, and his daughter and son-in-law. Many times he shot with his son-in-law, Ray. I don't know his last name.

John will be missed by all who knew him.

Our prayers are with Nancy and their family.

The Hull Family
    Howard, Lorna, Bryan and Emily

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting Lorna.

I didn't know John well, only to shoot with him on occasion.

But you're right, always a smile on his face, and a positive attitude. We'd all do well to emulate that.

Sincere condolences to John's family.

Tim

3. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE TS Supporters TS Supporters

Even though everyone who was familer with John and Nancy knew this day was coming this is really sad news.John always had a smile on his face and over the years told me some of the funniest jokes I ever heard.I have shot on dozens of squads with John.I know John is in a better place now ,but I sit at this computer with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes.Rest in peace my friend...John Wiegand.

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I too sit here with a heavy heart reading of this news. John was one extremely nice person. Seems he has been around as many years as I in this game we play. But then I guess, "he was older than dirt".

5. olabell

olabell TS Member

We will sure miss John, he was a wonderful person. I have pulled many squads for him in the past.
    Our thoughts and prayers are with Nancy and the family.
    Burlie and Olabell

6. sniper1969

sniper1969 TS Member

NANCY I'M TRULY SADDENED BUY YOUR LOSS!!!! JOHN WAS ALWAYS THE NICEST, KIND PERSON ANYONE COULD BE ASSOCIATED WITH I WILL CHERISH ALL THE THINGS JOHN AND YOU HAVE GIEVN ME FOR COLLECTION OF SHOOTING AND HUNTING STUFF!THE SPORT HAS LOST NOT ONLY A GREAT SHOOTER AND REP. FOR THE SPORT! LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANYTHING FROM ME! YOUR FRIEND ALWAYS RON WATSON

7. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

Our condolences to the Kasberger family. John Was always an absolutely wonderful guy to be around. He will be missed.

The Whitlocks

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear. My prayers go out to the Kasberger family.

9. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

10. stockguy

stockguy Member

A Kansas Hall of Fame inductee, John was a heck of a shooter in his day. I think he was wearing his famous "older than dirt" cap when I first met him in the very early 80's. He was definatley a character and had a sense of humor large enough for several people. A friend to very many - he will be missed.

Greg Hissem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.