1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KS-5 verses KX-5 and general opinions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mrd, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrd

mrd Member

What are your opinions generally about the KS-5 and KX-5 and which is better and why?

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The KS-5 Special has all the adjustability benefits of the KX-5 and offers more "bang for the buck" when pricing both. Of course the Special will most likely be used being an older model but nice ones are easily found......breakemall.....Bob Dodd

Guess I could have commented on the guns too, I think they are truly great guns; very few moving parts to fail, easy to change from eject to extract only, easy to adjust to fit with the only caveat that once adjusted, you may wish you could weld up the adjustments and leave them alone. Were it not for medical dilemmas and old injuries, I'd still be shooting my S5 Special and piling up good scores.....BD

3. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

Bob Dodd pretty much summed it up with his answer. I own a KS-5, KS-5 Special and a KX-5. Bought the KS-5 in 2003 and have been pretty successful with it. Added the KX-5 two years ago and the KS-5 Special this summer. All are fine guns with very few differences (adjustable rib on the Special and KX notwithstanding).

If you have to have an adjustable rib, the only difference you would notice in the Special and the KX would be $1500. to $2000. more left in your pocket with the Special. All three have held value pretty well and rarely break. Shoot all three and kind of like when you were dating, one of them will feel "right"! Buy it and you can shoot it for life.

Eddie Quire

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.