1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KS 5 special trouble ejecting shells need help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shoot em all, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

Friend has a ks5 spl that ejects about half of the shells. The springs seem ok but wondering if this is common or could it be something else. Thanks for advice. jim w.

2. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Tell him to take the gun forearm off and remove the barrel and look at the ejector from both sides. It may be cracked and need replacing. My KX-5 did the same thing and I never knew the problem until I took the gun apart. Then the broken piece came off and fell on the floor. This is a part that is warranteed for life by Krieghoff. Just have him call Krieghoff International and they will get the part replaced.

3. TD1958

TD1958 Member

I use to have the same problem with the cheaper steel based hulss like the federals that wal mart sells. The hulls swell differently than the brass ones when fired. Good luck, Tim

4. JohnnyF903

JohnnyF903 Member

I am having the same problem with my KS-5 Special. It will eject Remington nitro shells with no problem, but does not want to eject Rio,s or Kent shells. I have not tried any other brand. The gun was sent back to Krieghoff for this problem and they could not find any problem. I guess it has something to do with the hulls, All of the shells that I shoot are factory.

Regards,
    Johnny

5. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

These "steel" based shells are causing more problems then people think. I would say that these may have something to do with ejectors breaking also. I understand that if you do not reload, it may make sense to buy these cheaper shells. The thing is, the damage they may be doing to your gun may out way the savings. If you buy premium brass based shells, with rebates, and sell the hulls, you come out pretty much the same without the wear, and tear to your gun. Because more and more clubs are requiring you to catch the hulls, and not let them fly, it really makes more sense all around, IMO.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Had the same problem on my 90t, Bought a Mec Supersizer and no more problem

7. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

cubancigar -- Please explain, did you size commerical steel hulls to prevent problem?? Joe

8. Aulovel5

Aulovel5 TS Member

I had the same problem with mine the entire time I had it until I got an annual service done on it and told them what it was doing. All they did was polished the chamber and now it works every time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.