1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KS-5 Release hook

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Stl Flyn, Feb 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I had just done this myself. The KS-5 comes with a catch hook already integrated into the hammer. To me the simplest and most effective trigger in a SBT gun. There are two styles of hooks. The newer hooks have adjustable screws in the hook. The older hooks do not have adjustable screws in them, but they are adjusted with the two set screws in the trigger. So, depending on which trigger you have, would determine the hook style. Does your trigger have two adjustment set screws in the actual trigger? If so you need the older version without the set screws. The trigger with one set screw, requires the hook with the adjustment set screws in the hook. This does not include the set screw behind the trigger guard. It is easy to install. Take the stock off and knock out the trigger pin. The hook installs inside the trigger, and is held in place by the trigger pin. You must hook the barrel and the forend on at that point so you can cock and fire the mechanism to adjust the catch on the hook (Snap Cap). You can set the trigger to allow more creep or time in the release, or you can make it so it just catches the hook and is very fast (Not recommended). Dangerous, and you will be shooting behind many birds. Trust me. You will be able to see how the mechanism operates. Any questions PM me.

As far as availability, they are out there. People buy the gun with them in and remove for the pull trigger. It is just a matter of finding someone willing to sell it. Should be around $50-$100, depending on the model, and seller of course.. Jon

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

The barrel need not be attached to a KS-5 receiver to cock the action. Simply depress the tab near the receiver floor and move the top lever to the right.

Ed

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Ed,

I knew that the trigger is cocked by the top lever, but figured for firing purposes he could install a snap cap, and save the firing pin some stress. Like I said the best, and simplest design in a SBT gun. Four parts not including springs.

4. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

Jon -- Good info, I also have a KS-5 Special with release. I don't know how easy it is to find the release hook but was able to get mine here on TS.

Also Yellowjet you might give Philip at Philip's gunsmithing a call and check with him. I just saw him at the spring grand in Tucson the other day, he installed mine while doing a complete tuneup. Good luck. Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.