1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KS 5 owners

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by twopipe, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twopipe

twopipe Member

How do you like your toy ? any bad points ? I just bought an older one, shot it yesterday, and it seems pretty good. I might need another barrel hanger, too much snow at the club to do any serious patterning yet, though. Let me know what you think of this shotgun. Bruce

2. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

I've had my KS-5 Special for about five years - any misses are due to my error, not the gun. It's a great gun, and according to my gunsmith, the best gun ever made - few moving parts, never breaks.

3. KS user

KS user TS Member

I have a ks 5 and absolutely love it.I prefer mine over various kx's i have shot.The triggers are very simple and easy to adjust.All around great gun.

4. TD1958

TD1958 Member

I've had my ks5 special for about ten years now and love it. If your in need of a release hook for yours I have one for sale.

5. dednded

dednded TS Member

Hey Bruce,When did you get back trapshooting?Last I heard you were heavy into s/clays.I take it you're still at the T/Bay club.We are retiring in the fall of this year to Manitouwadge so we hope to get shooting there again.
    Back to the subject,I just sold my ks5 special,no complaints at all with the gun,I downgraded to a Bennelli super sport for it's versatility.I too have a release hook for the ks 5,regards,Chris

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Hi Bruce, I gave myself a KS-5 Special as a retirement gift perhaps 7 years ago. I describe it as a fabulous study in Teutonic simplicity and workmanship. Between your gun and mine, I can complain that, once set up to my liking, I can wish all the adjustments could be welded up. With yours, it may be a bit of a PITA to get things altered to your liking and needs but it will or can be permanent without any temptations to be screwing with it. They are fine guns and should serve you for life and the support at Krieghoff International is remarkable. Mine will be the last single barrel trap gun in my lifetime.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

7. twopipe

twopipe Member

Yeah Bob, mine is an old one, has a replaceable barrel hanger and no adj. comb. But it shot OK in the snow on Sunday. A few guys tried it and liked it. Nice trigger, but the recoil might be a factor in the summer.

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Well, Bruce, I can imagine trying a different hanger, maybe an adj. comb, maybe a little tweak in the pitch and then it's up to you for the rest.....Bob Dodd

9. OVBILL

OVBILL TS Member

I have a KS-5 Special (going on ten years), built like a tank, and I totally agree with BDodd, if this one ever dies I would buy another, but with so few moving parts any good K-gunsmith, will have you up and running in no time!

Good shooting

Bill Cameron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.