1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KS-5 Help with Stock removal

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 12ShotTwo, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

I'm not clear on how to remove the stock. Here is a poor image of the butt after removing the pad. I turned the slot lot's of times but doesn't seem to do anything. Whats the trick? Thanks Joe
    12shottwo_2010_05111.jpg

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Someone has inserted something into the stock. You should see nothing clear up to just short of the receiver tang, where a hex-head bolt should be. The Kreighoff stock removal wrench is a long (12"?) t-handled hex wrench, so that object shouldn't be there.

Ed

3. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

Yes I have the hex tool and a schematic. Looks like it might be recoil reduction device. Got to figure out how to remove to.

4. TD1958

TD1958 Member

Slam it in the the palm of your hand. Goodluck, Tim

5. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I have removed stuck reducers from stocks by shooting the gun minus the pad. Fire it from the hip with nothing behind the hole and I think you'll find the item will slide back far enough to get a bite on it for removal. It might take a couple of shot or so but it has worked for me in the past.

Big Jack

6. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

A rubber mallet will will drive the object out as well as firing the gun will. Just remove the barrel and have at it with your RUBBER mallet - not wood, not leather, but a RUBBER mallet.

7. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

I thought it would be a good idea to write the final chapter on this thread. It turned out that the recoil reducer was stuck so hard that when I fabercated a puller by drill/taping the end the weight and springs can out but the sleeve and end cap stayed in. I sent it off to Philip Gunsmithing and Philip drilled the end cap out and gained acces to the stock bolt. Once the reciever was removed he then tapped out the sleeve via the receiver side. All is well no stock damage. Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.