1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KS-5 Forend

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Lewandowski, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lewandowski

Lewandowski Member

I'm looking for a cheap (or free) forend. The forend on mine cracked and despite three attempts to fix it...no luck. I don't care about appearance. Any color or condition would be fine. So if you have one of these taking up valuable basement space I can take it off your hands. Thanks.

2. JPSemper

JPSemper Member

Just send the gun to Krieghoff and have them fit a new forend onto the gun.

This happened to me last year. I have a great wood guy who tried to fix it. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts in doweling the piece, he finally gave up and called Krieghoff himself and got me a forend to fit to my gun. He finished it to match my gun and all is good in the world.

Save yourself time and just send the gun to Krieghoff.

John Semprini
    Chicago

3. Lewandowski

Lewandowski Member

I was hoping to do this on the cheap. I called Ottsville and got a price of over $500 for the wood plus labor. I shoot mostly sporties now so I hate shelling out that much money for a gun that I barely will use. On the other hand maybe I don't use it more cuz it's BUSTED!

4. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

$500? I just bought a forend from them this summer for $150. It didn't come with hardware but I just reused the hardware from my old forend.

LMS

5. txpick

txpick TS Member

lewandowski, Their are two syles of KS-5 forends. Which one do you have? One is commonly called the KS-5 Special the other is called the old style. I have several of the old syle forends. I would be willing to sell one. I can send pictures of how to tell the difference if you need them. Just let me know. Thank you, Chris Pickering pick@fulton-net.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.