1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KS-5 barrel hanger value??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yjwinchester, Sep 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yjwinchester

yjwinchester TS Member

Hi Guys...l'm looking at buying a KS-5 from a friend & the gun shoots very flat for me. l was wondering if anyone can fill me in on how available the barrel hangers are & where l could find one & how much they are worth? Also if you could tell me anything about the quality & flaws of this gun & a value on a used 1987 year gun it would be greatly appreciated. l've never really shot these guns before but it seemed very solid & had very little recoil. It comes with all chokes (3), hardcase, all original books ,has a 34" barrel & factory adjustable comb. Wood is very plain but in decent shape with yearly checkups done by Kreighoff on the mechanics. The seller is looking for around $3200...does this sound right? Thanks for any input!! MRWINCHESTER

2. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

For the hanger a quick call to Krieghoff in PA would answer your question.

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

About $1K too high for a KS-5. The money he wants is nearly what a KX-5 can be bought for, and for sure a KS-5 special.

Hangers are easy to find and real reasonable.

ss

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

He may want 32 but I agree that is about 1000 too high

Gene

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Offer him $2,200, maybe $100 more. If not, look for a KX-5 for not much more!!

6. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

If it is the standard KS-5 it is priced WAY too high>>>

7. yjwinchester

yjwinchester TS Member

Thanks guys ..l was thinking that it was high but wasn't to sure so l figured l'd ask the ones who would know!! Appreciate the info. yjwinchester

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.