1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff vs Perazzi

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Westie, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Westie

Westie Member

I know this subject has been beaten to death on here, but if gun fit it the same, why would you choose one over the other? If the absolute only difference would be fit in your case, then I guess that answers the question too. Thanks.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I wish my Perazzi would help me get the scores of some of my Krieghoff friends

3. just_bob

just_bob Member

The final choice is determined by whether there is a vowel at the end of your last name.

4. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

good one, Bob!

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Lincoln or Cadillac?

6. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Please, is there any choice.... Perazzi......

7. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Perazzi - pros: Light, responsive, balanced when leaving factory, excellant fixed choke barrels, dropout trigger in most model, easy to repair yourself, custom built to your specs....fit, engraving, barrel length, adjustable comb or not, etc.

Perazzi - cons: some trigger breakage (not near as much as people will say), side ribs can come loose, sub-par factory service (at least in the past. new manager is in charge)

Krieghoff - pros: Built like a tank, long-lasting, very little breakage, great dealer network, great customer service

Krieghoff - cons: NO dropout trigger, heavy, over complicated design, most repairs need a qualified gunsmith, do not get many options when ordering (basically you get what Krieghoff thinks you need)

This of course is my honest opinion, and you may feel totally different. I prefer Perazzi, and many Olympians do also! When it comes to customer service, I have heard horror stories regarding Perazzi Italy & USA. Al Kondak is now managing Perazzi USA, and I have spoke with him on occasion. He seems to be steering the wheel in the right direction. I have used Krieghoff factory service, and they have been great! The thing that gets me with Perazzi.........you can walk in the Perazzi booth @ the Grand wearing $100 bills, and no one will attempt to help you. Still, I choose Perazzi for great handling, superb balance, and easy repair.

8. John55

John55 Active Member

Have owned both several times, now own the K80 only. Friend bought a Perazzi MX-2000 in March of 2011, has shot around 6000 registered targets and half that many non reg. birds since he bought it. In that time he has replaced three hammer springs. My K80 has been shot about the same with zero malfunctions. I loved my Perazzis but those leaf springs are the weak link.

9. erock_germany

erock_germany Member

All of the above and...

The Krieghoff has barrels that can be POI set up as far as the bottom barrel goes and you can set them to your needs that sometimes can change...or is different with diffetent disciplines.

I also like the different Krieghoff rib options and barrels better in general even if I can not chose barrel weight.

Yes, Krieghoff has fewer options but then again lots of things to do after you buy.

Krieghoff is a bit more pricy on certain options like custom stocks (I live in Europe) but then the after market is the place for this and dealers will sell you receiver and iron if you haggle.

A Perazzi with a custom stock is cheaper here...

Regardless, I will take th K. Have one. Always had one. Always will have one.

Perazzi is a great gun. Just not me....at least now...

10. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Have both and shoot both. Never going to be a great shooter at my age and I just enjoy shooting different guns. Perazzis seem to kick less to me and handle in a more lively manner. I shoot Sporting Clays and not Trap so handling is an important consideration but a lot of the better SC shooters shoot the K-guns.

Its not the arrow its the Indian!

11. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

German springs are better than Italian springs. HMB

12. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Buy the Perazzi but allow enough in your budget for a PFS stock and extra trigger assembly!!

13. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

I shot P guns for 30 years in skeet and sporting, and in all that time I have had one (1) broken hammer spring. Giacomo told me early on to NEVER leave the triggers cocked when storing the gun for a day, a week, or a month. I own an Ithaca Comp 1 import from the late 70's that has never had the springs changed, and I must have at least 50K through it.

That being said, I wish that Perazzi would get with the 20th century and go with coils. I grew up on 1100's, so almost anything feels good to me!

14. lightning20ga

lightning20ga Member

u can get coils

15. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Ask Ricky, Phil, Harlan.

16. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Does Kreighoff supplies their guns? I have heard that, have also heard Ricky carries an extra reciever also. Anyone know this or not, am curious? Scott

17. fortycaliberglock

fortycaliberglock Member

Woodson, not true on the drop trigger. I have a K-80 RT...sweet, sweet gun:) I've owned an MX-8 and currently have a K-80. I much prefer the fit and perfomance of my K-80, and I DO have a vowel at the end of my last name! Seriously, one major difference is service. Krieghoff service is excellent. And from where I live, I can drive to PA and visit the store. Perazzi USA service, from my own experience, is wretched, miserable, horrible. They seem to regard their customers as an annoyance to be avoided if possible. For that reason alone, I would avoid purchasing another Perazzi. Any time you purchase a luxury item, such as a finely built shotgun, you should expect some level of customer service. In general, whether it's a wristwatch or a shotgun, this has proven true, all except for Perazzi. I wish the new manager well and hope service one day matches the excellent of Perazzi shotguns.

18. C-Money

C-Money Member

Me and my Perazzi lost a Shoot off in handi to a man and his Krieghoff last weekend. I still really like the Perazzi.

19. littlerascal56

littlerascal56 TS Member

Liked my Krieghoffs..but loved my MX2005. Perazzi shotguns made it much easier to smoke the rock right out of the house. Seems like I was always aiming with my K guns.

20. Play Dead

Play Dead Member

I own both a Perazzi MX3 Special and a Krieghoff Trap Special. Both are excellent guns. I needed a PFS to tame the recoil of my Perazzi, but I am sure a better fitting stock would have accomplished the same. My new K-80 is an absolute joy to shoot and it's adjustability has transformed my shooting.

The K-80TS replaced my Perazzi after 21 years of loyal service. I've found likes and dislikes with both guns. One thing that I believe is way overblown on TS.com is the Perazzi flat spring issue. I broke three in 21 years of shooting, and was back on the line within five minutes after the spring broke, without the need for a spare trigger assembly.

The cost of ownership, including the occasional replacement of a flat spring, is much less than annual service costs required for the K-80. Three flat springs and one top lever replaced on the Perazzi in 21 years for a total of $420.00 of service cost in that timeframe. Compared to an annual service fee of $150-$200 for the K-gun, (even if you only have it done every 2nd or 3rd year). You can do the math. Not to mention that the mean time to repair on the Perazzi for spring type issues is done in minutes. Perazzi owners may carry spare triggers, some Krieghoff owners carry spare receivers! I also found the Perazzi is much easier to clean, especially after rainy events.

The Perazzi pointed quicker, but I'm not sure that was necessarily better. In the past year and a half of K-80 ownership, I've accomplished more in ATA shooting than I did in 21 years of shooting the Perazzi. The recoil reduction alone has made shooting ATA events much more enjoyable. I have not been tempted to pick up the Perazzi after 18 months and 9 thousand targets of K-80 shooting.

Play Dead

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

krieghoff vs perazzi

krieghoff vs perazzi for sporting clays
perazzi or k80 for sporting clays
perazzi or krieghoff
perazzi vs krieghoff
perazzi vs krieghoff skeet and clays
perizzati vs kreigoff trap guns
perrazivskrieghoffshotguns