1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff Trap Special Vs. Trap Combo

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by turbonick, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbonick

turbonick Member

Is there a big difference in the trap special barrels and the regular combo under single barrels? It's hard to miss the extra high rib on the special and the adjustable O/U's but is there anything else? Are they a big improvement over the regular ones? Right now I have a set of combo barrels. The under single is a 32" and I'm thinking of going to a 34" and am wondering if I should also step up to the trap special 34". Any Krieghoff shooters out there make that switch? Is there a big advantage going to a 34" trap special barrel with the extra high rib?
    Thanks, Nick

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

High rib barrels require a new higher stock or extensions on your adjustible comb posts.

3. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

I switched from the old unsingle to the trap Special because I found that the higher rib lifted my head and gave me a more heads up position in my gun mount.

After shooting the Special for a year, I was forced back to the old unsingle one day when the Special was missfiring. I then realized the Special really does kick a little less as well.

I got the missfiring problem fixed on the Special and sold my old unsingle and have never looked back. I'm so sold on the high rib, I purchased another one for backup just to make sure I could always have one to shoot.

There is also the point that the guns are different in that the ribs perform different functions. On the Special, the rib acts only as a sight plane. On the older version, the rib is actually a truss that puts upward or downward pressure on the barrel to change point of impact. Some argue this is good, some say it is bad to pressure a barrel. I say it is the only gun that uses this techique to change the point of impact so you can draw your own conclusions.

My shooting numbers have improved dramatically since I switched to the Special.

Mark Zauhar

4. RBur

RBur TS Member

Mark,

if you do not mind, could you explain a little about your Trap Special and it's "missfiring".

you can do it here or send me an E mail.

Thanks,

Ron Burdick

5. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I have a Trap Special Combo that is four weeks old and has shot less then 600 rounds that I may sell . It is pull/pull upgrade wood and the o/u barrels have not been shot $12,000

6. turbonick

turbonick Member

If anything I'd be looking to buy the trap special barrel. Don't want to buy another gun. If anyone out there has a 34" trap special barrel that would want to trade for my 32" undersingle plus cash or wants to sell a trap special barrel let me know.

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

turbonick Any one with a Trap Special would not trade for a unsingle barrel as the wood on a trap special would be a mile high .

8. turbonick

turbonick Member

Jc, thanks for letting me know about your friend with the barrels. You have mail! I might have a trap special stock to match it soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

k80 trap special vs

krieghoff k-80 trap combo

krieghoff trap special combo

truss on unsingle not straight