1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff Trap Special shooters

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gun fitter, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I think this could be use full and interesting. For any TS or even Pro Sporter shooters to tell us what they had to do to shoot their new gun. Did they pick it up out of the box and start crushing targets? Was their an adjustment time. What did you do with the rib and stock adjustments. Show us pictures of your current setup.

I imagine this could be useful to many shooting the new high ribbed guns and those contemplating getting one.

Joe

2. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

High ribbed guns are not for everyone so I don't think it is in everyone's best interest to try and make them like one. Me on the other hand was raised and rared on one and that is all I plan on shooting.
    I have a custom stock that is out of this world and after getting things tuned the way I like them the gun shoots lights out with no recoil at all.

3. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

so lets see your out of this world setup please

paul

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

KFBAGT = Here you go I hope you enjoy. How about seeing yours (this should be good)
    goose2_2008_0303108.jpg

goose2_2008_0303109.jpg

goose2_2008_0303110.jpg

goose2_2008_0303111.jpg

5. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

no sir... I can't follow that

awesome all the way around. who made your stock?

and by the way, I said please! :)

very nice, Paul

6. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

That is a Phil sims stock. The pictures do it no justice. I can't believe the difference this gun has made in my shooting. The first time I shot at a clay pigeon at a club was last summer. I now Cary a 97.65 average at singles and won 11 registered events this summer. Not bragging but just saying how much this gun has helped.

7. APrice

APrice Active Member

That's some beautiful wood goose! I may have to get one just like it...the "no recoil at all" is particularly impressive.

8. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Goose Very nice maple burl I like it. When you say custom you mean a custom stockmaker? Why wasn't it built with a higher comb to fit you? I can't imagine such a gap unless your just showing pictures of the comb hardware. If you do shoot the setup as shown I would suggest that you install spacers under the comb to support it. The hardware will remain tight much longer that way.

Joe

9. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Well I bought a TS from duPont for Trap. Just the iron and barrels. I found a used set of wood right here on TS.com from Gabe. Was looking for a try stock to fiddle with for a while. Gabe's set was a Sporting set, low fixed comb. Sent it out for a comb with high posts. Shot well with it but looked funny with the comb sticking way up on posts and the rib all the way down. Recently went the KI and got measured up, they patterened the barrels to verify they were in spec. and having them make me a custom stock. Bought the blanks from Mike Mann and excitied to go back down in Jan to shoot it in the white. Shot the sporting set-up well in Trap, never canted the unsingle. The key I think was I patterned my Browning Citori Plus and set the K-gun up to match it. Dave T.

10. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Dave send pics when done.
    Joe

11. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

12. Diamond Bruce

Diamond Bruce Member

Gun Fitter Are you the one who recently posted pics on making a stock for a trap special? If so pm me.

Thanks Bruce

13. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

My buddy bought a new trap special and he is shooting some of his finest 19's with it. I am not sure there is an adjustment he hasn't tried!

14. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

Catching Chrome,

Now that was funny

Ron Burdick

15. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Set it and forget it is great if the stock fits you. Just seems that many buying this type of gun have no idea of fit or how to fit themselves. Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.