1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

krieghoff questions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sean justice, Jan 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

with the gun disasembled i dry fired it and the cocking fins smacked real hard, is this a bad practice?

2. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I was told when I bought mine to hold a cloth over the front of the receiver when you do this. This will dampen the blow on the gun. The cloth keeps your hand from getting whacked hard.

3. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I don't dry fire any gun, assembled or unassembled. Krieghoff says you can, I still feel it is a bad practice. The firing pins have nothing to hit. I always use snap caps or fired shells. Have never had an issue with broken firing pins on Krieghoff, Perazzi, Browning etc. Just my opinion, Roy A. Morton

4. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

also if i take off stock and want to clean action guts what spray should i use thats not harmful, and should i oil inards.

5. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

can someone break down the numbers on hangers, and also on factory steel chokes.

6. KS user

KS user TS Member

The lower the number on the hanger,the higher the point of impact.Brandon

7. shark1

shark1 Member

Sean,
    First step call Krieghoff they will tell what they feel is the best for your gun. Chokes are 5 is super full, 4 is full, 3 is I.M., 2 is mod, 1 is ic, ect. These guns are built like tanks. I am also in DE send me a pm if you want.
    Mike Sharkey, DC

8. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

Kreighoff has their number 5 choke (super full) on closeout for $35.oo right now if anybody is interested. This is plus shipping of course. Shipping to central Ky was $10.78

Eddie Quire

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Pride Engineer has it right. I've been clearing the cocked receiver, once broken down for storage, that way for many years on a 1961 M. 32. It's what's taught by Krieghoff, repeated by Phillip of old P&P, and a gunsmith who worked for the factory in Ulm before retiring here in Orygun. If you apply too much pressure with the rag, the gun won't even uncock; too little isn't good, and you'll learn the right amount soon enough.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.