1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff question...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jlesley, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlesley

jlesley TS Member

Does anyone know of other places that work on Krieghoffs other than the place in Ottsville? I live near Allentown, PA.... thanks... Jill

2. TjayE

TjayE Member

Jill, if you live in the Allentown area, why would you want to go anywhere but to Ottsville to get you Krieghoff serviced? They are all factory trained gunsmiths. Ottsville is less than an hour drive for you. Tom E.

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

What could possibly be wrong with a near new Krieghoff that can't be fixed under warranty at Ottsville? Fact is, I'm heading down there this week if you need assistance!!

4. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

I drive 3 hrs each way to get to Ottsville. Alternatively, you could send them your gun to work on.

5. JEB

JEB Active Member

Chris Maest / Clay Target Sports in Princeton, NJ. Chris was Krieghoff's chief gunsmith for a number of years and is usually less expensive than Ottsville. His phone number is 609-921-9358.

J Bergman

6. Maner

Maner TS Member

The best on Krieghoffs is Ernie Marlette in North Carolina. It is not close to PA, but definitely worth shipping to him. His shop is devoted to that one brand of gun. There is none better or more of a perfectionist.

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

It is legal to mail or ship a gun to a gunsmith. The gnsmith then can legally mail or ship it back to you.

8. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Have you had a problem with them in Ottsville?

They would not repair an Kreighoff K-80 RT release trigger.

Said they were obsolete.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

There is another fine Krieghoff gunsmith that offers nicer service in the Winter. Glen Hunting at the Silver Dollar Club. Just drive down for the Southern Grand and Glen will take care of your gun.

But, if you do not want to drive down to Florida next month and shoot, Ottsville is the place for you.

Pat Ireland

10. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

I second Marlette, nice guy and quick,knowledgable, and very reasonable.

11. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Krieghoff will not repair other peoples releases--- is that what you had? on the RT? is that what you had Gary?

If I were them I wouldnt repair other peoples releases either

just a fact of life

There are other good gunsmiths around- I use Pat in Wells Minn- and I have used others but if you are near ottsville why not go there?

regards from Iowa

Gene

12. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Easy guys on all the assumptions. She's got a KS-5 Special and a very easy gun to repair!!

13. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

While there are only 5 parts to a KS-5, Ottsville is still the place to have them worked.

14. biercart

biercart Member

I give two thumbs up for Ernest Marlette in Winston Salem, NC. He has done trigger jobs on my K80 and K32 and also does some of the best re-blueing work that I have seen. His pricing is very competitive compared to Krieghoff Ottsville, very knowledgable and a great guy.

15. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

GN777777 it was a factory K-80 release trigger, they wanted to convert it back to a pull, would not repair the release.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

16. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Gary, "factory" Krieghoff release trigger parts can be installed improperly and result in a gun that cannot be restored to a good pull trigger. I learned that first-hand when I wanted to have a Model 32 switched back to pull triggers that one of Krieghoff's former head technicians who went to work for a Krieghoff dealer put releases in for me. The Krieghoff gunsmith that straightened the mess out used the word "butcher" multiple times...

Ed

17. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

aaaaaaaaaaaa== interesting

wonder who that dealer was

regards from Iowa

Gene

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Notice how the original poster asks a question and then disappears. Leaving those that want to help to just guess what the problem might be.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.