1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff Question?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kenf, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenf

kenf Active Member

For those in the know, who is the best to deal with for picking up Krieghoff pieces to build a gun- with the idea of having a sporting clay version, but also have a trap gun with fitted stock and trap special barrels? Or would I be better ordering a special without wood and having a sporting barrel fitted, rather than paying to have two barrels fitted for the trap gun?

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Ken, I think you could use the trap gun for everything. Once you get used to a high-shooting gun, it's hard (for me, anyway) to cope with a flat-shooter. I use a trap gun for everything, including hunting.

Ed

3. kenf

kenf Active Member

Thanks Ed,

I have shot my Citori Plus from time to time for sporting clays, but picked up a 525 and do well with it. It is probably a 60/40 gun for me with the mole skin build up. The 525 swings a little quicker for me- or at least it doesn't handle like a 2X4 like the plus gun does.

I would like to stick with one gun for everything, and like the way the special handles, at least more than the Kolar. Being close to Dennis Devault, would have him fit the gun to me.

BTW, How have you been? You might remember me from your first Leo clinic a couple of years back when he was with Randy Ross.

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Yes, now that you said that, I do remember you! I've been okay with the exceptions of worsening arthritis and my eye problem, which developed in 2005. The arthritis is as bad (or good) as ever but the eye seems to be getting better. Six months ago, I couldn't break 20 on a trap from 16 yards but I'm usually breaking 97 or better with one 100 since starting to shoot again this spring.

Ed

5. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Modern sporting clays is almost 75% dropping targets, high shooting guns are a detriment.

6. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

DrK is a good source for K-guns, parts , barrels ,etc. He posts regularly on here.krieghoff@bellsouth.net is his email
    Also Ernest Marlette in w/s NC is a great Kgun guy.....336-456-1818

7. kenf

kenf Active Member

I also talked to Gary at Rocky Mountain awhile back and he was super helpful, but I don't believe he is a distributor anymore, or at least he doesn't have the guns on his webpage anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.