1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff Pro Sporter

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kraiza, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I was at Joel Etchens to day. I went with a friend to pick up a 625 Browning. So I was looking around and saw DT10 that I though was very nice. Then I say a new Krieghoff Pro sporter and ask Matt if I could pick it up. What a nice gun. It felt well balance and nice weight. The gun kind of looks like a small trap gun but with a sporting fit.
    I ask if it was for sale and he said yes. He also said that Kolar was coming out with a PRO rib gun is a week that he will have so I can see it.
    Dam all I did was to go for a ride today and I my be buying a new gun.
    I just can't keep from thinking about the Krieghoff Pro sporter.
    Any body have one?
    What do you guys think of it or the Kolar and DT10.

2. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

John,

The Pro-Sporter seems to be very nice. Haven't seen one up close, but have heard good things about it!

Matt - Woodson Ent.

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I looks more than interesting. There's a snazzy PDF link for the full story as well.

Neil

4. GMU Trap

GMU Trap TS Member

I have had the privilege of shooting the pro-sporter, and I must say it is a very nice gun. It is very well balanced. If I had the money for another k-80 I would certainly pick one up.
    -Andrea

5. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

Although this is a Sporting Clays gun, do you think it would be good for Trap Doubles? Thanx, Billy

6. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I do think it would work double trap gun I sure do. I see flat rib guns work so way wouldn't the mid high rib work.
    I have shot a 687 Beretta O/U Trap and Browning XT for sporting clay and did good. I also shot my Browning Cyneryg sporter for double trap and ran a 50 stright.
    But I have to say that the Krieghoff Pro Sporter just feels right. It's driving me to the bank. I have both feet on the brake pedal but I don't think it going to stop me.
    I just want to see the Kolar.

7. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

John,

Did the Pro Sporter you see have the #3 sporting stock?

Matt

8. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

The one Chris Maest has is a Crown Grade with a #3 adjustable comb - mortgage the house -http://www.claytargetsports.com/Pages/new_k-80_8.htm - Billy

9. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Matt it had #3 ajustable comb and a #7 schnablel forend.
    John

10. kybullseye

kybullseye TS Member

I had the opportunity to shoot a pro sporter a couple of weeks ago that a guy had just bought. He bought his from Allem's had had it set up with an adjustable trap stock and trap forearm and with Allem's double roller release trigger, very nice. Thinking about selling my Kolar T/S and buying a pro sporter set up the same way.

11. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I can see how easy it would be to make a trap gun out of the sporter. But I think you can do good right out of the box. You have to just pick it up and you will see what I mean.

12. Richard Marshall JR.

Richard Marshall JR. Member

I shot the Pro Sporter at the 08 Grand on the Sporting clays course. It is very well balanced and is very quick moving. You won't be disappointed.

Richard Marshall Jr.

13. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I agree with what my friend Ricky Marshall just stated. I would think that the gun would move so great! I have never shot much sporting, so I can't speak about a sporting gun. I did shoot registered skeet for about 8 years (Please no rude comments, I traded my pink dress off LOL). I always shot a 60/40 impact @ skeet. I shoot a 90/10 in all trap disciplines. If I was going to build the ultimate skeet gun....I would take the Pro Sporter @ 60/40, Briley Ultra-Lite subgauge tubes, and a #6 stock. I still like the #3 stock for sporting discipline.

John,
    If you buy it, I will trade you a case of wads if you will let me shoot it! LOL!

Matt - Woodson Enterprises

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

2012 krieghoff pro sporter

krieghoff pro sporter

krieghoff pro sporter review

pro-sporter krieghoff

ricky marshall joins kolar

ricky marshall to kolar