1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff/Perazzi

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Scott Johnson, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Do you like Blondes or Brunettes? Kinda of a question like that as peoples preferences vary so much, no disrespect intended. Scott

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

You cant use the TM gun for anything except singles and or handicap

You can use the K80 for anything

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

When Frank Little died so did the Perazzi TMX. Old technology at best!!

4. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

My K-80 TS 34" Unsingle is amazing at Handicap. 27 yd Full choke kicks butt. Consistant 23's and 24's. Most days I'm better at Caps than at 16yds. Dave T.

5. oleolliedawg

Watch that Dave! He's been practicing at 27yds.and breaking great scores, yet his official ATA Handicap is the 20. I'll be looking for his name in the 1st. Calcutta he ever enters!!

6. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

dawg: Well thank you for that boost of confidence. Yes I haven't cut my teeth in the ATA realm, yet, but have done very well locally. When I get up to your level you'll have to teach me some new trix. Dave T

7. oleolliedawg

Dave, even I understand my limitations. 4 years of sitting on the ATA member bench, watching Leo dominate and here you are, a future legend, just chomping at the bit, awaiting your turn making history. How I admire your patience!!

8. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Enjoying my family too much. Not ready to dedicate the time, money and energy. Hopefully you'll live long enough to see me up on the board at the Grand. Keep on having your fiber. Dave T.

9. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

"When Frank Little died so did the Perazzi TMX. Old technology at best!!"

Oohhhh, puhleeeeze! Old technology? And the K80 came from something called a M32?? is new??? And they're still close to the ugliest gun on the planet.

It's a shotgun, dude. Ain't been nothing new since chokes. Fads do not technology make. And like Will said - the only thing new is the history you don't know.

Wadda maroon!

10. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

The one that fits you. If it were me I'd shoot both if possible to determine which one shoots where you look. I have noticed that I seem to shoot both fairly well but I lean towards the Perazzis.

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Ollie only likes a Perazzi when he has one for sale. He fails to mention that the K80 platform design is older than he is.

12. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Surprising as it may be to you, far the majority of the best shooters in the world, competing in the most difficult shotgun games, use what are pretty much unadorned, factory stock Perazzis. No mystery to me there. Judging from your list of performance squashing mods you feel necessary to a Perazzi, I would suggest that you enlist the aid of a really competent coach to assist you in what looks to be a misguided quest for improvement.

Or just get a Mossburg bolt for the obvious gun of your dreams.

BTW - I have often seen K80'ers dialing away mid-round. I have to admit that I admire their adventuresome maroon spirit hahahaha

HTH

13. ROGER A.

ROGER A. TS Member

Scott

why do you care.......you now have Mark M.'s Perazzi, besides i'm not sure you are strong enuff to shoot a K80 for 100 rounds....hehe

14. Scott Johnson

Roger, I will start lifting weights so I am ready for spring, I'll start with some 2# dumb bells and work up from there. And when I get all bulked up and "if" I can get a real tall chair I may bonk you right on the nose, but it will have to be a tall chair. ha ha ha Scott

15. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I wanted to buy a new TMX in the early 80's so I phoned a big name dealer in PA and asked about them and they told me that Dan Bonillas did not shoot the DB-81 he endorsed in Trap & Field because he thought he was shooting off the barrel instead of the rib especially in low light. In 1987 I tried out a used TMX and shot a good Handicap score with it on the trial so I bought it and have used it ever since. My TMX shoots about 9" high at 40 yards and I see a little rib between the beads. I also have a conventional rib MX-3 single barrel for my Doubles gun and the stock fits about the same and it has the same POI as the TMX. I do think the MX-3 is a little more intuitive to shoot but my scores are better with the TMX so that is my go to gun for Singles and Handicap. I am reluctant to buy a new high rib Unsingle because I think I am one of those guys who cannot shoot an Unsingle so I stick with Top Singles. Every time I have tried raising my comb to get a higher POI my scores have gone in the tank. I personally don't feel a need for an adjustable rib.

16. Scott Johnson

Mike,
    You must be a two eyed shooter? As a one eyed shooter I cannot tell the difference between an un-single or top single, to me they look the same. Scott

17. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Scott, I am a two eyed shooter who struggles with occasional not consistent cross-firing. I admit that in bad light I can see right through that virtually transparent rib with both eyes open and shoot off the end of the barrel instead of the rib. With more practice I could probably shoot the conventional rib MX-3 just as good as the TMX.

18. Scott Johnson

I was two eyed went to one. Get a straight away to the left off station 5 and miss it bigger than Dallas, took me a little while to figure out I was cross firing as everything looked good. Went to one eye to stay competitive and never looked back. With this game of one bird, you cannot afford to give an easy one away if you can help it. If poormemory serves me well, D. Bonillas shot an MX-3? Scott

19. oleolliedawg

champion II, you didn't hear this from me but the original stocks fit virtually no one and the situation is being corrected as we speak. I don't think most Krieghoffs need more weight.

Super maroon, just because the so called "best shots in the world" shoot Perazzis doesn't make them right. After all, most can't seem able to locate the deodorant aisle in the supermarket either!!

20. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Ollie. You've now stretched your argument to the ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.