1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff & Perazzi Owners

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Jun 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Hello Gang,

Things are a little slow around here, so I thought I would spice it up...LOL. If you are a Perazzi or a Krieghoff owner, why did you pick that gun over the other? I'm not trying to start a peeing contest, just what do you like about a Perazzi over a Krieghoff, or vice versa? Feel free to post pictures of your prized possesion.

2. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

This is always fun

Life is too short to own a fencepost as ugly as a K80. But an obvious high inertia choice for benchrest trap and US skeet.

Aside from being one of the most cosmetically appealing and ground up designed competition guns, the vote is in from competitions, international and local, where gun dynamics and reliability are a major factor - Perazzi is the choice of winners.

Another owners of sows' ears unfortunate truth. No JMO here - check the record

Charlie

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I prefer the Perazzi's because they actually feel and point like the old Model 12's that I have shot over the years ... I shot a Kreigoff K-32 for a long time and really liked it but then I picked up a Perazzi and have never owned a Kreigoff since ... I believe that Perazzi and Kreigoff are the top of the heap, if there is a heap in competition shotguns ... I'm sure other opinions may vary ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I have several of both like Vern and after shooting them all over a period of time I just shoot the Perazzi's better. I like all of them as they are quality guns but the balance or dynamics of the Perazzi guns work better for me. As a side note my BT 99's shoot as well as my Perazzi guns it must be they are just guns that work for me. I seem to shoot top singles best and started out with a top single K80 and it just did not feel right for me from the beginning I changed to a unsingle barrel and I like it much better now have to shoot it more and see. It does seem that the international shooters prefer Perazzi and Beretta guns for skeet and trap.
    Buddy

5. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

My latest gun, a Krieghoff trap special combo with top single and no screw in chokes was purchased for three reasons.

First, I was setting off the targets when I closed the action of my beloved Super-X. Something you don't need to think about when competive shooting. I can no longer set the release trigger when the gun is mounted on my shoulder and must set the trigger with the gun open.

Second, I like a top single gun and liked the balance and feel of the Krieghoff.

Third, I have owned four Perazzi's, two combo's and two TM-1's. They all had more recoil than I could handle.

Tom Strunk

6. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I happened to shoot a K-80 for one summer and fell in love with it. I never shot a Perazzi so I can't comment on them. There were no Perazzi owners at the club where I shoot to try one. Besides which my wife is German and wouldn't "approve" of anything else in the house. All and all I'm very happy with my choice. If I would have a chance to do it all over I would have tried them all then decided. Dave T.

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I've had the opportunity to try many different Perazzi's over the years. That's one of the joys of being a gun dealer-as long as you don't fall in love with too many. As one owner said, "they're the closest thing to a Model 12 available"-they sure kick like one too. If I wanted to own something that kicks like a mule, needs a spare trigger or a frequent re-build-it would be my first choice. After all, Giacomo didn't buy that Mercedes with the income from fixing Brownings.

That said, having owned numerous K-80's since 1983, I've learned to appreciate my clubby K-80 for the fact I don't need one of those funny looking stocks to handle the recoil. Krieghoff's impact adjustability is light years ahead of Perazzi as are the adjustable stocks.

Just my opinion on a slow day!!

8. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I didn't have a chance to post earlier, but I shoot a Perazzi MX10RS. I like the drop-out trigger, and the way the ribs adjust.

9. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Having owned 8-10 of each,my choice is the K-32 for skeet & the Perazzi for all the trap games. The K gun stays in the groove line needed for skeet and the lighter weight of the Perazzi bbl allows a longer bbl to better find & move to the target. The old LTX with 34" lite weight bbl is as good as the single bbl Perazzi. The best skeet gun I ever saw & held was a Ljutic 4 barrel set. Stupid,stupid me did not buy it for $6000. That said,I am not a fan of the K-80. It just does not work for me. And by the way,put a 32" MX8-20 20 ga against the same in a K-20 & watch what happens. Even more pronounced.

10. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

I have shot both and both are fine guns. Alas, the one that I own is a Perazzi TMX.

It's not that I don't like the Krieghoff or that I think the Perazzi is better, I just don't have the cash for a K-80. I also prefer the functionality of the drop out trigger group. Over all the Perazzi is just an easier gun to work with.

11. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Long time ago.. I traded into a 682.. It was a great gun.. Ran my first 100 straight in skeet.. but I had a problem boxing the triggers... I went to a K-32. Loved the feel of the gun..and I must say.. the factory did EVERYTHING in their power to set it up.. so I could not box the triggers.. But.. I still had a problem boxing the triggers.. Then Rags.. at Kolar gave it his best shot...again.. to no avail... Then I shot a MX-8.. Love at first bite.. Triggers.. so sensitive from the factory.. I could not box them.. The rest is known to all.. I've been Perazzi ever since that day.. I have a unique problem with my crushed right hand..My reasons are different than most.. The record books should help the rest of the shooters.. Perazzi's flat out move..if that's what you want.. A few guns have come close.. but how many guns are 40 years.. the same parts???? Many guns come and go.. Perazzi will be here forever..and have part forever.. Simple,effective.. You don't need a spare receiver.. just a few springs.. or maybe an extra trigger group.. I'n all my years.. I've only had 1 spring crack..and I caught it inbetween rounds..and fixed it.. My spare triggers have become loaners for people who do not change trigger springs.. All Good.. Mike

12. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

WoodsonEnt
    I tried K-80 and MX-2000 both are about same price point, dimensions and weight. In my hands the Perazzi fells more agile while the K-80 feels very deliberate. I went with the Perazzi

13. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I read somewhere the German trap team had a quote.. shoot a Perazzi or get beat by one......

14. ONEDOLLARBILL

ONEDOLLARBILL Member

Perazzi was my choice for a number of reasons 1st I owned an IAB and liked it did some research and Perazzi came out on top..for me, I see some complaining about the recoil cannt say Ive experienced that with my MX10RS !!I do like my Benz its from German made and the best car i ever owned, my best shotguns have been made in Italy!!My next Trap gun will be another Perazzi and I dont mind Giacomo driving the Benz he has had my business before and will have it again !That all being said How could anyone in their right mind put down a K-80 !It kinda like looking at two beautiful women ...which one is better than the other ,beauty is in the eye of the beholder !!

15. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

PerazziBigBore,

I'm not familiar with the term "Boxing the Triggers". Would you please explain?

16. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Ferrari's are fun; But, a Panzer tank would be my preference in battle.

17. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Boxing a trigger is when you pull the trigger.. but don't release it enough for it to cross over to the other side.. When you pull the trigger again.. you get nothing.. as it has not reset itself to shoot the other barrel.. I can not box a Perazzi trigger.. even in 410.. For a singles gun.. it does not matter.. but for a doubles gun.. That 1 feature of a Perazzi makes it my first,second,and 3rd go to gun..

The older K-32 trap setup.. with its thin stock..and lightweight barrels was as good as any gun ever built.. When they made the K-80...well..I think they lost the dynamics.. still a great gun.. but nowhere near as responsive as the earlier gun..

18. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I was looking to upgrade from a field to trap gun and a fellow ts was retiring. I also wanted to move up to a combo and he had one at such a price it was near a gift. So for me it was cheaper to buy the P gun than going out and buying anything else.

19. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

As my wife told me when I bought my KX-5 and was considering a Perazzi, "why would you ever consider buying a gun from a company in a country that's never won a war"?

20. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

When I decided to replace my Gold E combo, I shot almost everything under the sun. I was fortunate in that there was a wide variety of guns at my clubs, and the owners were more than willing to let you shoot a round or two, or four with them.

I quickly narrowed it down to the original K-80 and Perazzi. I really liked the idea of the adjustable hangers for the bottom barrel on the K-80. Also, the idea of bending the barrel to adjust POI on the unsingle was brilliant. No changes in bead alignment or stock pitch, or anything other than POI. Plus it was very soft shooting. Unfortunately, it handled like a log. Also, two of the members had trigger problems, and the guns had to go back to Krieghoff for repairs.

I love the way a Perazzi handles. Replacing trigger springs is a snap. I've replaced them on the line in under 90 seconds. Nothing else has ever broken. If it ever does, I have hundreds of places to take it. So I bought a Perazzi, and never regretted it. I don't have the first one I bought, or even the second, but I love the consistent feel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
do owners of perazzi mx2008have to say
kreighoff for bunker trap
kreigoff forum
krieghoff bunker trap shotgun

krieghoff reliability

perazzi krieghoff
perazzi krieghoff forum
perazzi or krieghoff for bunker shooting