1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff patent

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sturgeon, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sturgeon

sturgeon Member

I have tried to find the Patent for the Krieghoff K80 trigger without success.Krieghoff seem unwilling to help so can anyone enlighten me. I am fairly certain it was granted c1983. SteveB

2. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Steve,

Are you referring to Krieghoff release triggers?

Thanks,

Jon Reitz

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

There may not be one that extends beyond Remingtons original Model 32 patent. Since the K80 is basically the evolution of the Rem 32, and contains no new technology (minor design modifications don't count), it probably wouldn't have been eligible to be patented.

4. sturgeon

sturgeon Member

Thank you for replying.

1. Pull trigger 2. Not sure about this one. The Remington trigger was modified and as such may well have been eligable as it was not just a tweek. Krieghoff call it grandly 'Universal Trigger system (UAS)'. However, If I get to the bottom of the mystery I will post my findings. SteveB

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

The Universal Trigger System (UAS) is on the Semprio and some of their other rifles, but not the K80, at least according to the Krieghoff Int'l website.

http://www.krieghoff.com/index.php/hunting-guns/master-gunsmihting?id=372

6. Boxbirder

Boxbirder Member

google patents above

7. pufftarget

pufftarget Active Member

Years ago there was talk that the trigger was designed as aftermarket by a gentleman named Miller who was responsible for a number of trigger improvements/designs for various companies guns. Maybe someone has a Remington 32 w/ a miller trigger?

Chuck

8. sturgeon

sturgeon Member

Thank you skeet man for correcting my error and many thanks to Boxbirder for the reference......cannot imagine how I failed to find it myself.Good shooting to all Steve B

9. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have a Remington 32 with a Miller trigger, Super gun

Ed Yanchok

10. pufftarget

pufftarget Active Member

Ed:

Looks like a Kreighoff, no?

Chuck

11. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

NO A Krieghoff looks like it.

Ed Yanchok

12. pufftarget

pufftarget Active Member

My bad. Your chronology is right.

Chuck

13. bob levine

bob levine Member

I have a remington model 32 serial #1232 with a miller trigger. It is a 4 barrel skeet set and i rarely use it any more

14. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Elmer and Howard Miller assisted the promoters of the Krieghoff shotgun in their search for a reliable trigger to install in the new shotgun. The original trigger submitted for approval was a Remington and was not acceptable. Elmer and Howard Miller gave the "promoters" a trigger that would satisfy the people who held the pursestrings. Although the Miller design got the project off the ground, I have no idea what trigger of whose design was installed in Krieghoff shotguns after the prototype period. The information about the "trials triggers" was given to me in person by Howard Miller. I had asked Howard about the Krieghoff project and he showed me a photograph of Heinrich Krieghoff and Hermann Goering, arm and arm, that had been presented to the Millers in appreciation for the assistance given in the trigger problems in the Krieghoff project. I have no idea where that historic photograph is today. Correct information about the Krieghoff project is not common today, but what little information I offer is from the horse's mouth, in my opinion.

15. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Most PATENTS are good only for 14 years for anything mechanical in the USA.

Then anybody can make it.

I looked up how long is a patent good for, Google Search it.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.