1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff Parcours Sporter

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Anyone shot the Krieghoff K-80 Parcours Sporter? This is the new offering from Krieghoff and is supposed to be "Perazzi Like". For those who like Perazzi's, I wonder how "Perazzi Like" it is?

2. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Blaser Competition or Blaser Sport or Blaser Super Sport.

Adjust and set up any of the three for the "Perazzi" feel if that is what you want.

Have had the Perazzi, and nice as it is, it is behind the curve for personalizing it to you and your style.

Just my opinion

Dave

3. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Parcours is just refering to engraving no different from any other k-80 otherwise. Bill

4. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Bill, You missed this One By A Mile....Shame on you... It's the NEW BARREL with Side Ribs and No adjustment Hanger in the Front and OLD School Rib. You Know...What's Old is New Again...Pure Marketing. Shoot Well..Shoot Often with Family and or Good Friends, Bart

5. APrice

APrice Active Member

Technically, Krieghoff refers to the gun with the new barrel configuration as the "K-80 Parcours." "Parcours Special" refers to a pattern of engraving.

6. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Paxton is taking orders....it is really a FITASC specific K-80...(less weight, it will kick more)...

7. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

My Bad. Sorry. Looked on Krieghoff int. web site. Says the gun weighs 8 lbs. Would not show me a picture though. Does give description. Your right about the hod rod thing. Bill

8. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Bill, we Know that your Thinking about the NEW Hot rod...

9. dogsnhorses

dogsnhorses TS Member

Maybe I can help. I actually own one. The new model is referred to as a K-80 Parcours (it has nothing to do with the engraving). It has the same action as the the classic K-80 configurations but the barrels, butt stock and forend are new designs. The barrels have soldered side ribs and the barrel walls are about 40% thinner than the normal K-80 and there of course are no barrel hangers. It has a rib that is flat to the action. It comes with fixed mod and imod chokes. It is intended as a sporting clays and FITASC gun. Mine weighs exactly 8lbs on a digital scale and it is very lively. The OP asked about the comparison to a Perazzi and as it happens my previous gun was an MX2000 that weighed 8lb 7oz and was also very lively and configured for sporting clays and FITASC. The Parcours is livelier still and feels better to me. It moves extremely well. Before I bought it, I shot a few hundred rounds at the World FITASC Championships and my impression was that felt recoil was less than my Perazzi. After putting about 1000 rounds through my own gun, I still feel the same way. The perception of less felt recoil may have to do with the pitch being different, and the forcing cones being longer than in the Perazzi. Krieghoff is going to sell a bunch of these guns to sporting and FITASC shooters - it is a very, very nice gun.

10. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

"Perfectly balanced between the hands, the Parcours gives the shooter a gun that is approximately 8 pounds with the proven reliability of the K-80 receiver. Featuring 32” fixed choke, soldered rib barrels, a slimmer forearm and a totally new stock design the K-80 Parcours points and moves with ease."

11. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

dogsnhorses -

Thanks very much for your input! I think everyone is wondering about the recoil (at least that is what I was wondering). What does the bores of the gun measure (.740, .750)?

I know they made this to copy the feel of a "lively" Perazzi or Beretta. My only complaint is the receiver is still K-80. The "guts" are too complicated to work on. If a Perazzi breaks, you can put in a new spring yourself. BUT, most K-80's don't break though!

12. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Interesting...the DT 11's selling point is heavier weight and the new barrel internals....the marketing talking points are less recoil and better patterns....

The DT 11's I have seen have awesome wood....some people hate the blue stripe and the trigger pull (can be improved)....

The K-80s selling point is less weight and improved MOI...(low gun disciplines)

They can say all they want about this K-80 being a sporting clays gun.....but, it sure looks-like a FITASC-specific gun to me.....(livelier gun for FITASC)

13. Kemen053

Kemen053 Member

Matt. imho,when i shouldered one i thought Browning narrow rib trap gun 50-60's vintage,solid side ribs and a narrow top rib.From what the importer told me ,these were aimed at the English market,hence the browning "feel".Regards Ross

14. dogsnhorses

dogsnhorses TS Member

Woodson, I haven't measured my bores or the chokes. The bores are stamped as 18.6. I have had a number of people shoot the gun, including many K-80 owners and some 9.5lb Kolar owners and aside from everyone saying "Wow, that thing is dynamic.", almost everyone says "Holy smokes, the recoil is way lower than I thought it would be." Before this gun came out I swore I would never own a K-80. I was (and am) perfectly happy with my Perazzi, but I just love the Parcours. Mine is a Super Scroll and has outstanding wood.

15. teddy34

teddy34 TS Member

I read in some review that this gun can be ordered with Briley flush choke tubes.
    Gary

16. dogsnhorses

dogsnhorses TS Member

The original plan was that you could order them with Briley thinwalls but I don't believe they are doing that now. Nothing to stop you from sending it out once you have it though. I prefer fixed chokes so it was a non-issue for me.

17. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Recoil no problem, 1oz loads are max for FITASC.

18. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Sporting clays is growing at a fast pace Krieghoff is catering to that part of the market for good reason. I shot my K80 for sporting and my Perazzi also the Perazzi was my choice for Sporting as it was lighter and moved faster than my heavier K 80. I do shoot my K 80 for trap it is a very good choice heck even some big dogs copied me.

19. B.C.

B.C. Member

{Parcours} French for Sporting

20. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Watch this.

Same old clunker they've always made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
krieghoff forcing cones
krieghoff parcour thinner stocks