1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff Model 32

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by al391claybuster, Nov 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

HI Folks, I have some questions about "What would you do". In June I bought a Krieghoff Model 32. About the same time I moved in with my elderly parent to take care of them. I shot the gun, and had a heck of a time hitting anything with the bottom barrel. Never missed with the top barrel. Come to find out the bottom barrel's shooting way high compared to the top. It's an older one, so the hanger is soldered on, so changing it is no easy task. Here's the Question. Do I send it off to Wilkerson for his work and barrel tuning to get the POI, chokes and cones that will work for me? This would cost about 1/2 of what I paid for the gun. Then send it to Krieghoff International for a complete service. The bottom barrel wont fire every time. This is listed at $395 on their website. That would mean I would pay approx.(with shipping & Insur.) the same price I paid for the gun.
    OR
    Should I sell the gun for what I paid for it? And all of the other guns I thought I just had to have. Browning TX, TM1, H&K/Fabarms extra sporting, and the list goes on. I could sell all of them and buy a great combo such as a DT-10 or CG. What would you do? Thanks David

2. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Sent you a PM

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

What length is the barrel? Serial number of the gun and what did you pay for it-

Those answers are going to lead to the answers you are looking for

Do you already have a buyer for the gun-- if you do- did you disclose it doesnt fire and the poi of the bottom barrel issue?

Now did you pattern the lower barrel? and how much different is it than the upper barrel? Sounds like this was set up for doubles- so what you have might actually be desireable-- or is the only reason you are shooting booth barrels because the bottom one doesnt always fire?

If the barrel hanger is fixed- then that would tend to indicate it is a very early gun-- do the barrel posts look like rem 32 posts or krieghoff posts?

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. high 2

high 2 Member

When did the 32`s have a soldered hanger? Don`t guess I`ve seen one. Larry

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Sounds like it would make a good doubles gun. HMB

6. al391claybuster

I want to thank everyone for their comments. I need to apolagize to crab for spelling Tom's last name wrong. This gun is going to sit in the gun safe till I can figure out what to do. I lost my Mom in July and my Dad in September. So by next spring I can start shooting once more. It's been a hard year to say the least, was just looking for some insight. The gun is Ser#53X, 30 inch barrels. Thanks again and God Bless you all, David.

7. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

I would like to see a picture of that soldered barrel hanger.

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have owned several with the front hanger fixed- just like on a remington

9. al391claybuster

The barrel is 30 inches, IM/Full. The gun is a mixture of K80 butt/forearm wood and trigger gaurd, Model 32 receiver, Miller trigger, fixed hanger. Don't know about the posts someone asked about. Thanks David

10. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I would think that the easiest and cheapest route would be to sell the barrel you have now, then buy what you want afterward.

11. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Do you mean that the lower ring is one piece with the part that is soldered to the top barrel? There is no dovetail attaching the lower ring assembly to the part that attaches to the top barrel? I still would like to look at a picture because I have never seen one like you describe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

older krieghoff 32 bottom barrel shoots higher